(Not a bug) Oddness when reordering teams

Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS, iPhone 7, 12.0.something

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I reordered my teams (yay!) and noticed some repeated team names. I don’t think I ever changed these names (hence the fact that they are still called “Team #Something”). Maybe I did and just forgot about it?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Dunno. I’ve only reordered my teams once so far.
Edit: I just tried this again. The top two teams in that screenshot still show up as #19 and #20, while the bottom two updated their numbers with each move. Maybe I did change those names in the past?

Steps to make it happen again

1. Press Reorder teams button (again, yay!)
  2. Move a team up/down past a team whose name has not been changed(?)

Hey @Grundulum

This is currently working as intended, if you move them down or up you’ll see what number they are in the list rather than having a static name.

Why are there two “Team #19”s in my list? And why is Team #20 ahead of Team #18?

Edit to add: I did see the behavior you referenced. Some slots did have their team name change as they moved up and down. The top two slots in my screenshot were weirdly resistant to this change.

Fake edit: and again, thank you to the team for making this happen. It is so nice to be able to reorder my teams based on use rather than when I originally made them!

To be honest I’m not sure - I can’t force this to happen myself.

It would be odd but are you sure you didn’t rename your numbered teams? :joy:

Maybe I did. There must be some sort of flag in the code that checks for whether a team was ever renamed. All of those teams were in the correct order at one point, with 20 following 19 following 18 following 17. The only way I can wrap my head around this is if I changed the name to something else (triggering that flag), changed it back (flag still shows “changed”), and then attempted to reorder.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I actually did do this. If you name a team than go back to its old name (like Team #19) by re-naming it, it will keep that name no matter where you move it. I tried getting it to display the proper Team # whatever like when you first play the game, but I can’t figure out how to do so.

Thoughts?

That’s probably what you did. I know that’s what I did. I can’t figure out how to change the name back to its default Team # name, so it changes as you move it, like it should

Yeah, so if you change the name it’s no longer set to default - it’s saved as manually set and won’t change when you re-order your teams.

Is there any way to set it back to its default name, so it does change when you move it? Or am I (we?) just stuck re-naming currently un-used team slots every time we move them? @Kafka

1 Like

You’ll have to rename them I’m afraid. Maybe don’t use a sequential naming system? Or put unused renamed teams at the end of your team list?