[Not a bug] No more mastery selection after Hero level 3000

Platform, device version and operating system:

Windows 10, PC Steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expect to select a mastery after I level up, after level 3000, but I do not get the selection screen any more

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every level after 3000. Always now

Steps to make it happen again
Level up after level 3000

3 Likes

I thought my account was just broken

But I think the problem is level 3000+

2 Likes

Congratulations on being in the 3000+ club! :slightly_smiling_face:

I remember years ago when 1501 used to be the final level with a mana mastery increase and so I had stopped getting mastery selections. They eventually increased the maximum level with mastery increase to 3001, and I got a mail saying that the limit had increased to level 3001 and I had been retroactively awarded mastery points for levels beyond 1501 as I was 1800-something at that point.

But because that mail specifically said level 3001 is the last mana mastery increase and you’re over that mark, this is not a bug.

2 Likes

So can I get an official answer to this please. Because being punished for being 3000+ (again) and now stuck with my mastery … would be really bad.

Hello :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, after level 3000 (congratulations btw), you do not receive the prompts for Mastery selection anymore!

2 Likes

This also means that whatever your mastery levels per element are, they are locked in that way forever?

1 Like

Another L for the game, great work…

1 Like

Through VIP you get players level up faster.
Every day, you are encouraged to do a 15 minute extra experience gain, gathered from ‘Daily Progress’.
For years, you hand out 50% (flat) exp bonus after a Guild Wars win. And the Monday coming up next GW, when you won on Sundays.

Then you penalize all the high level players who want to compete in PvP. As they want those gold marks for Deed books, but I hardly see how a level 800-1200 could be so interested in them. But it happens.

And instead of… well … +1% Mana Surge chance every few hundred levels beyond level 3000 wouldn’t be too bad, no ?
Not like many players will ever see level 3000+.

There are so many options to make a level 3000+ remarkable, unique and a tough opponent to deal with in PvP (and Guild Wars).
Not like a 50/50 chance to win against him when you - as the attacker - is level 1200.

I have mixed feelings about this. It would have been nice to keep building up masteries beyond level 3001 to increase mana surge odds, even if it’s just 1% every few hundred levels. But at the same time, having to pick a mastery increase during a GAP or gold/soul/XP booster can take up valuable seconds. Because of that, I will hold off on running a GAP or booster if I’m too close to the next level. At least that won’t be an issue after hitting 3001.

1 Like