[Not a bug] Got 25 gold reward ONLY after Ranked PVP battle

Platform, device version and operating system:
Win10. game version 4.7.5.R18392

Screenshot or image:
Forgot to take one

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Fought a ranked PVP battle. It was revenge match against a team with a similar team score.
Before the match I noticed I would make over 1,300 gold plus bonus glory and such.
Won the match.
When the rewards screen came up it said
25 gold.
And that was it. No Ingot. No PVP points. No Archer XP. Nothing else.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Have never seen it before. I’ve won 187 ranked PVP battles.

Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?
Once-Off. So far.

Steps to make it happen again
Don’t know.

Oh. I just checked the battle log. I was charged with a loss! I won the game - didn’t even lose a warrior. Even in a loss you get more stuff than just 25 gold.

This sounds like a training battle, where you click on a player’s profile and then click ‘Fight’.

My guess would be that the loss in your battle log was the previous battle, since training battles aren’t recorded.

Well, I can’t say that’s not possible.
I just tried such a training battle and made sure I lost.
There was a great big DEFEAT screen that came up afterwards
I didn’t see that after the game in question.

but the next screen, the reward screen, looked very sparse. Similar to what I saw.

BUT… if it was a training battle then the PVP ranked screen (where I see 3 opponents to battle) should have stayed the same - showing me that I had a revenge match against a rival player.
And that match wasn’t there after that game.

1 Like

Perhaps include your invite code and the time you think the battle took place to see if a dev can check their logs in case they can shed some light.

I do know that the ‘Revenge’ tag can disappear, but usually not for some time/until the next day or week. The troop image for each opponent can change as well when you exit/re-enter the PvP menu.

It does sound like your ranked options cycled though, indicating that a battle took place, so I guess I don’t really know anything more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::vulcan_salute:

Maybe also try winning a training battle, just to have a look – the rewards are also sparse, there.

I suspect that’s what happened.
I must have gotten to the training battle by accident and then won it.