[NOT A BUG] Elemaugrim defeated in today's dungeon, campaign task remains uncompleted

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Nougat

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I checked the Campaign Tasks. One of them is to defeat the Elemaugrim in any battle except training.
I visit the Dungeon. There it is, 3rd dungeon.
I defeat the Elemaugrim in the 3rd dungeon.
Expected: Task complete - defeated the Elemaugrim.
Actual: Nothing appeared. No notification flash.

I visit the campaign task screen again.
Expected: To press “collect” on the defeat the Elemaugrim task.
Actual: No collect icon image overlaying the task. The task remains uncompleted.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happened once because I can only battle it once in the 3rd dungeon. I’ll have to wait until the next time it shows in the dungeon again while this campaign is still running.

Steps to make it happen again
Login.
Check the Campaign Tasks. Notice one task is to defeat the Elemaugrim in any battle except training.
Visit the Dungeons. Note it’s in the 3rd dungeon.
Enter the 3rd dungeon and be victorious.
Leave the dungeons.
Check the campaign task summary on the main game screen.
Visit the campaign task screen.

1 Like

You defeated Eternal Elemaugrim, not Elemaugrim.

8 Likes

How do I find him? I’ve done Explore repeatedly on DC and he doesn’t come up.

Regular exploration won’t spawn Elemaugrim. You need to do the Mythic battle from exploration in DC. That will give you a fight against either Elemaugrim or Ishtara.

You have 50% chance at Elemaugrim, but it is very possible to hit some bad luck and get Ishtara multiple times.

1 Like

Someone posted a useful tip for this but I don’t remember who. Apparently you can scout the Mythic boss battle, and if it isn’t the Mythic you want to fight, you can just restart the game and it’ll potentially give you a different Mythic. You can just keep scouting and restarting until you get Elemaugrim.

4 Likes

As mentioned above, you defeated Eternal Elemaugrim, which is technically a different troop.

Another place to find him is in PVP. Many people will put Elemaugrim on their defense teams to help other players.

Technically, yes.

In kind, no. It is still an Elemaugrim, eternal or not, right?

Therefore, since the dungeon boss version happens to be “eternal”, then shouln’t we get a bonus from the campaign for defeating it, in the spirit of the “unexpected good fortune” that happens in games of this calibre? Like maybe another Elemaugrim card, or dip into the paid tier of the sarcophagus rewards and get something from there (for the free-tier player)?

It’s gestures like these that’ll draw even more (paying ) players to this game and never leave.

Why?

Because it is FUN.
and It is UNEXPECTED!

Come on, you’ve got the power to make it happen. :slight_smile: