(Not a bug) Cumulative chance?

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
My Greed was muted at the start of battle. And never ever recovered. Initially I thought it’s about re-new mute, but it’s more than 10 turns already without muting troop (draining brown+boosting shield gives enemy nasty pair), and Greed still not recovered! Granted, it receive Stun now and then, but not Silence. As if they share counters or something.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I see it first time, but Stun+Silence is quite rare combination.

Steps to make it happen again
I dunno, but…

1. Enter combat with Muting and Stunning troops.
  2. Get Silence and Stun.

Maybe.

P.S. And when it recovered after all, it was both Stun+Silence clear. So I keep my suspicions.

Do you think it’s only silence and stun? So you aren’t worried about, say, burning/stun, or silence/faerie fire?

What was the full team that you faced?

When you receive another negative effect, it resets your chance to cleanse to 10%
When you cleanse you get rid of all negative effects at once, not one by one

1 Like

And that exactly means “They share counter”. That is definitely looks very wrong. But I’ll wait for the explanation from the team.

All the negative statuses cleansing at once could be intended. I know I put it on @Ozball’s radar at least 16 months ago.

Hey, this is working as intended.

Each time you gain a new negative status effect it resets the 10% cumulative chance of the troop being cleansed.

When a status effect is cleansed, they are all cleansed at the same time.

2 Likes

Yuck. Is there any chance you could revisit this in the future? Make statuses separate?

1 Like

It’s always worked like this but never say never? No promises but I’ll pass the feedback on.

2 Likes

I beliebe in you.

Thank you for the answer, Kafka

It’s totally non-intuitive, and became a thing only recently, when there are many such effects (so chance to get several at once dramatically increased). And no, I don’t think it’s right, because it makes some effects too overpowered without real reason. Like Death Mark, for example, and Hunter’s Mark too. Pass this to the team, please.

P.S. Hmm, what about Curse? It specifically says that it’s resets cumulative chances (so I thought it is its specific effect), and also “reduces it”. What it means? It’s 5% cumulative chance after that or what, can you explain, please?

Mm, that’s true, and I’d kind of forgotten. One of the things that I thought made Curse unique and special was resetting the cumulative chance. Knowing that every other negative status effect applied (or reapplied?) does the same thing, makes it less so in my eyes :stuck_out_tongue:.

Specifically mentioning it, as @Smiling_Spectre1 pointed out, is therefore redundant (but perhaps necessary due to it’s unintuitiveness).

@Smiling_Spectre1, yes - after Curse has been applied, the cumulative chance goes up by 5%, instead of 10%, as I understand.