[NOT A BUG BUT PASSED ON] Zaejin power 21 bugs dailydeals

Because Salty is speaking through the lens of what the technical definition of a bug is.

It is a bug when programming is producing output that is not was originally designed. The behavior regarding the Daily Deal system issues when presenting offers for Power 21+ kingdoms is pretty well established at this point. From Salty’s perspective, the coding is not technically doing anything wrong from how that code was implemented (hence “not a bug”). On the other hand, I doubt anyone is going to argue that from the players’ perspective that these Daily Deal offers are working correctly. The situation is a design flaw, for sure, but mechanically is performing exactly as it is coded to do currently.

Yes, this is absolutely splitting hairs on what to call the issue. I can only presume from Salty’s posts here and her streams that the devs do not consider the situation a bug from a technical perspective, hence giving the issue a lower priority to address. From one of her streams last week, Salty discussed that resolving the issue is not going to be as simple as hard-coding the offers to sell medals to players. She mentioned that such a change would offer medals to players more frequently than what the designers want (which implicitly could be the actual reason why the “bugged” offers do not offer medals currently). Fixing the issue may require a re-balance of the rates of offers generated by Daily Deals to make room for kingdom medal offers in the future to keep medal offers at rates that the designers want.

We will have to see what solution they come up with and if that solution will be implemented with 5.4 or will be delayed to a later update.

6 Likes

Thanks @Lyrian for on the forums providing for the first time after 4 months of this nonsense the first explanation.
Had @Kafka done the same originally perhaps the matter wouldn’t of been the last straw in her own forums use. And therefore possibly wouldn’t of handed off the bug task assignment to Salty. Or perhaps they could of both worked on it as a pair.
Transparency and communication is ALWAYS going to lead to greater success than just slapping something “not a bug” or the new form “not a bug, but feedback passed on”.

@Sirrian @Nimhain @God @Jesus whichever deity still checks the forums…or @Saltypatra there is now and will never be anything wrong with players possibly, potentially, or presumably “exploiting” medal offers by holding back kingdom progression for it.
In all my time playing GoW I’ve never been offered a Medal of Nysha (don’t know if it even exists) or a Medal of Anu for gems. It would be absolutely amazing to possibly see those offers while I’m waiting for troops due get kingdoms from 21-22 stars. And for those I already got to Bronze level on 5 troops…oh well.
That way the players who don’t want to or don’t have time to farm explore have a way to get medals (outside of guild related activities).
And the best case scenario they spend real money to buy gems to be used on all the medal offers.

That’s how Gems of War was originally designed… You could grind for hours for traitstones…or just buy them.
It worked. (At least on me)
The same would be true for medal offers if they weren’t ridiculously priced at like $35 and $50 (I think.)

Years ago y’all did a survey. And I know it requires a lot of time. But considering how out of touch your company is with the player base is now a days (and honestly the game it seems). You’ve never needed a survey more.

3 Likes

I’d argue that the programming is producing output it was not originally designed to do. It’s supposed to detect that your kingdom progress is blocked by missing troops and offer you some to possibly move you along. It incorrectly classifies missing elite upgrades as missing troops, generating an offer that can’t ever be helpful. Going by what Salty said it isn’t even supposed to generate the deal that would be useful in this situation, medal offers. It should just have ignored the situation and picked some other useful offer from the pool instead. Very clearly a bug, failing to keep your kingdom progression based offer algorithm in sync with kingdom progression tasks isn’t a design issue, attempting to split hairs in this situation just makes IP2 look incompetent.

5 Likes

Medal of Anus can appear in Daily Deals. However they are locked to the VIP slot as an VIP exclusive offer. Personal conjecture, but they probably have an appearance rate similar to Imperial Deeds (~1%). However, because Imperial Deeds can technically show up in any of the Daily Deal slots or Arena Offers, while the Anu medal cannot because it is locked to the VIP slot, the end result is the Anu medal offer being significantly rarer than that of an Imperial Deed.

On Nysha medals, the devs are 1000% steadfast on not allowing anything Nysha related to be purchasable with gems, not even tokens. Personally, I believe that the devs’ position on offering Nysha anythings for gems would be to cannibalize sales of Nysha medal flash offers for $35/$50 USD, and I presume that those are selling pretty well currently.

But, that’s what the current medal offers in Daily Deals are already there for currently. The devs are allowing players to buy medals to bypass the grind for medals (the “new” traitstones), at least for lower rarity troops using the slow-drip method of offering medals to players similar to how deed Daily Deal offers for deeds are designed. The medal offers are somewhat ahead-of-its-time, and most players will not realize what the low-tier medal offers are there for until medal requirements for kingdom stars 20+ become steep enough that the majority of the player base cannot keep up with the medal farming requirements for weekly kingdom star advancement.