[No longer relevant] Leaderboard wrong at tied score

Somehow I just had a tied PVP score briefly. It led to a shared rank, but without pushing the following ranks further down. This artificially increases the number of players within the reward tiers as long as the tie persists. I do not know, if this happens in other leaderboards too.

Screenshot:

The correct rankings in this picture should be: 15 - 16 - 16 - 18 - …

Hello :slight_smile:

Are you still tied in your current leaderboard?

Sometimes the board can take a little bit to update correctly, which may have caused this issue in your screencapture provided.

No, it was just a momentarily situation. Could happen at the end of a week too though.
I don’t think, the rank numbers should be influenced by server delays, if the point score is already up to date. As soon as I won another fight after the displayed one, the rankings turned into a correct “15-16-17-18”, so I think, it is specifically the tie situation, that is responsible here. Somewhere, the code will likely always add a +1 to the rank of the player ahead.

I don’t understand programming very much, but it looks like an oversight. Would you mind to just hand it over, so that someone has a look at it?

With the coming update, its new ranking, and the included tiebreaker, this issue has resolved itself quicker than I expected. Might be worth checking one day, if it occurs in event rankings, but for Pvp, we won’t need to worry about it.