No guardians from 50 seal chests

Thinking this through a bit, a simple workaround would probably involve sacrificing all but one of each guardian prior to opening chests. Provided, of course, that assumptions to what is causing the issue are correct.

You wouldnā€™t need to leave exactly one of each guardian, you could just pick one and cut that one down to three copies.

Edit: added in a quote for exactly what I was replying to.

But that runs counter to the purpose of getting guardians.

On the flip side, if you are looking for legend/mythics, now is the time to go wild with seals

The guardians stop dropping when the LAST of them is up to four. You can conceivably get 10 of all the others before that happens. Itā€™s clearly bugged, it was reported more than a week ago, and the devs have not yet commented on it. Iā€™m not touching my guild keys until there is confirmation the bug is fixed.

Do we have confirmation of this being the case? So far there are two data points, and only one has confirmed his Guardian count at the point the Guardians stopped dropping. I agree that thereā€™s a decent chance that this is related to the ā€œstopā€ condition being bugged, and I can even imagine what the bug might be (Boolean or instead of and), but I think weā€™d need more failure reports to make definitive statements about when youā€™re safe and not safe to cash in.

I agree with @Kharybdys on this:

Itā€™s best to wait for Word of Dev before investing in seals.

Love us Senpai.

1 Like

Iā€™m not experiencing this bug.

I wasnā€™t keeping direct count of all my guardian, but Iā€™ve always gotten some from each pull of seals I use. All of my guardians are green and have had more than 4 at once.

Obviously just because it isnā€™t happening to me doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t happening to anyone, but I just thought Iā€™d throw my experience out there!

1 Like

Ascending couldā€™ve thrown your guardian count below 4 again each time before a pull though, itā€™d be good if you could confirm/deny/maybe that?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. I didnā€™t ascend right away and had 4 of everything and still got more of them.

But bugs donā€™t always affect everyone so that doesnā€™t rule anything out.

To everyone, you can do partial ascends to make sure your count is below 4 before opening guild chests, to avoid this probable bug.

2 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about that. Still saving my seals for chasing the new mythic.

Really need some kind of feedback from the devs on this before itā€™s time to spend seals for the week.

In another thread it was mentioned it was added to the known issues list for 2.1

As far as I know, everybody reporting the issue had four or more copies of each guardian. Just ascend them all down to 1 copy and you should be fine.*

*Emphasis on should.

Ah hah, sure enough, found it in the 2.1 list:

So I guess Iā€™ll hold my breath and try that later this week.

Short update, I went ahead and sacrificed all but one of each guardian prior to opening each batch of chests, no absent guardians this time. Feels a bit annoying to have partially ascended troops, but I guess as long as it works Iā€™ll just attempt to ignore that particular itch for the time being.

I think the devs have ninja-fixed this bug on the server side. I opened 75 level 6 chests yesterday, and my Guardian drops were normal. I didnā€™t partial-ascend anything.

Iā€™m waiting for the next Mythic to go in chests before I blow through my keys. Itā€™s unlikely to make a difference, but I donā€™t ā€œneedā€ more guardians atm, so no reason not to wait.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m waiting for that, plus a usable amount of Guild Chests (so thatā€™s March or something minimum), plus a refund on the ones that didnā€™t function properly.