Newbie with good questions

Wow, Ok I have clearly underestimated them! Will go back and rethink.

Keep in mind that how useful a troop is can drasticly change if troops has their trait or not. There are some troops that are great without traits, but the best troops come from their combination of traits and spell.

make sure to open guild chests only after your guild developed higher tier guild chest
(the tier resets weekly, you can see what quality cards can it drop currently in the guild Seals tab)
guild chest tier depends how many seals guild accumulated so far in the current week, best tier requires 40k seals,
20k is still decent

also have in mind that guild chest has 50% chance to drop a guild guardian card (humility, justice, etc) and 50% chance to drop all the rest of possible stuff instead

Thankyou both. I had picked up on the guild seals thing. We got to the 5k seal level last week but think it will be 10k this week. I need to look into the troops I have in more depth to find out which ones work better after traits. Think i have about 130 different troops right now! Still no Valkyrie as yet though.

As to uses for troops that won’t go into your teams:

Troops that you own count towards kingdom power level in three ways: Having them, their level and how many traits they have unlocked. As ascension unlocks higher maxlevels, investing in ascension is worth it. Kingdom power levels both help your income (tribute chance and payout) as well as your combat (at five gold stars the kingdom stat bonus doubles) and are worth building up slowly.

Another option is to disenchant those troops you won’t use into extra souls. I would discourage doing this, unless said troop is already ascended to mythic and you have more than four copies (max slots in a team). This can also be done easier by using the mass disenchant button, but you probably won’t reach that point for a while yet.

1 Like

Managed to get hold of the Dragon Armour so have seen a big increase in gold. Will use that to level my kingdoms and continue my quest for a Valkyrie. Been trying the Goblin Shaman as a 4th troop bu think I need to level him as he has been one-shotted each round!

Should I just be throwing all my gold at unlocking/upgrading my kingdoms? I have my main one at 10, and the others at 3 (got about 8 unlocked). I assume it is better to just spend what i have asap rather than hoarding?

You are correct.

No point hoarding gold. Meet the requirements of you guild first then focus on your kingdoms.

Great, thanks guys. Kinda used to keeping something in reserve, for some reason, but will go ahead and spend everything I have!

Will then try to figure out which troops to improve.

You won’t need to hoard gold at any point of the game. First use it for your kingdoms, then after tour complete guild tasks.

1 Like

Only thing I can think of is to keep a thousand gold in reserve so you can restart arena but that’s only worthwhile if you plan to play Arena.

Also, prio #1 is to unlock all kingdoms, only then is it important to level those kingdoms.

2 Likes

Hah, that was my next question, open more or level existing, thankyou. I played Arena once but I only really have time for Quests and PVP really. I am not a fast player.

About whether to level each kingdom to 10 first or keep them all on roughly the same level… Definitely to about level 4 or 5 it’s more worthwhile to keep them roughly equal. After, the decision depends on what you value more:

• Stat bonus that helps you fight
  • Income (from tributes), more specifically the gold key & gem income you get from getting multiple kingdom tributes.

General consensus here on the forums is that the first is more important (especially on the four magic kingdoms, Darkstone, Karakoth, Burning Lands & Zhul’Kari), because the chance for multi-kingdom tributes isn’t enough without three gold-star bonus on kingdoms to be worthwhile, and before you hit that point you will easily have had enough gold to get everything to 10 anyhow.

There are a few players that keep all kingdoms at level 9 to intentionally keep their teamscore low and thus the difficulty of their opposition in PvP, but I think you lose more than you gain that way.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I read about getting the first kingdom to max so did that, and will leave the rest at the same level then. Just unlocked enough to own 50% of the map, and will do some more quests on those new ones tonight. Kinda doing 50% Quests and 50% pvp currently.

Only reason to hoard gold is to unlock and level a new kingdom with it. (At your stage anyway…)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s been my experience so far (~3 weeks, so fwiw). And then I don’t consider it “hoarding” so much as “saving for something in particular”.

Morning gang! Ok, so I had some changes last night. Got to 250 wins at Warlock so got that weapon, and Ascended a basic Goblin Shamen so now he feeds my Ranger pretty well. Really struggling to find a 4th wheel though. Tried numerous combos but basically Hero, Shamen and Ranger do everything and whoever I put in 4th seems useless. Guess I need to keep trying.

Still waiting on a Valkyrie drop. Think I have 180+ troop types but none of Valk yet! Guess the drop rate is low for that one.

A question on the Warlock weapon. Currently I use the Crude Club, which needs 4 red and hits for 11 damage. The new weapon requires 14 red, and doesn’t seem to do any more damage, is that right?!?!

I assume you mean the Warlord’s weapon? If so then yes that’s correct… but also note that it says “Boosted by enemy’s attack” And the Boost Ratio is 1:1. So for each point of attack your target has, you’ll be doing 1 more point of damage on top of your 11 damage. So it will likely be a lot higher.

eg. if you attack a level 5 Epic Peasent (sorry that’s just what mine is at the moment) who has 8 attack, you’ll actually do 19 damage to him.

Ok, thanks. Still seems like the Club at just 4 red needed for 11 damage seems the better option. 14 seems a heck of a lot to obtain for a single attack, even if it did 19-20 damage, though guess if I built a red generating team I would get their quicker. And guess against more powerful enemies it would punch even harder.

1 Like