Newbie with good questions

i remmember at low level i used to keep 500 gold to be able to scout if needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just adding to what Kharybdys says, there are any number of good teams that use this approach (Valk as Blue creator plus 2 or 3 blue users). I’m not sure what legendaries you have, but one of my favourites is:
Shadow Hunter
Behemoth
Valkyrie
Druid
(Red/Yellow banner)

This team uses all 6 colours and has tremendous synergy. Also, traits aren’t important for success (but the water link traits are really helpful). Try to power up and use Valk as often as possible, and use Shadow Hunter once or twice before she dies. If you don’t have any of these troops, Knight Coronet can be a good substitute, although he does block Valkyrie’s yellow-mana. Rowanne substitutes well for Druid and if you happened to have Emperor Khorvash, he would work well in place of Behemoth.

Throwing in my 2 cents…when I was a low level and low on souls, my fallback would be the arena. Maps are decent, but if you can strategize arena well, you can get a nice load of souls. Not to mention all the new possible soul-generating troops you can pull as well.

There was also challenges, but I have heard it is best to save those til you can do them on highest difficulty for the best soul payout.

Thanks all, I don’t have anything above Epics troop-wise currently. And of course after not getting a Valk for ages I then got two yesterday! I will keep working on souls to level up that banshee team for sure. Team A doing pretty well in pvp currently and that is helping.

One other question. I have like 200 different troops. Some of them, like peasants and whatnot, I have 10 of. Is it worth ascending them? I keep seeing stuff about it helping with Kingdoms but can’t find an exact breakdown?

Thanks

Emperor Khorvash is (arguably) the single best troop in the game, with an awesome (and cheap) spell, and great traits.

If you ever manage to get him, a Valkyrie-backed Khorvash is a good start for a team that’ll win into end-game, PvP or PvE…

1 Like

This guide might not be entirely up to date, but should give a decent overview of how kingdom leveling works:

The short of it though, the higher rarity of a troop, the higher level it can be leveled to. Common 15, Rare 16, Ultra-Rare 17, Epic 18, Legendary 19, and Mythic 20. (so a Common Peasant can only get to level 15, but a Mythic one can get to 20, also the level does not reset you when ascend) And each level counts for some kingdom power.

Many people would advise you to never disenchant troops, and always keep them and ascend them whenever you can.

Ascending troops raises their max level, and in the long run is needed to upgrade kingdom power level (stars on the map).

My advice varies a little:

• early game, below level 100-200, you most of all need a viable strong team
  • so feel free to disenchant any troops below Epic rarity to make extra souls, and spend the souls levelling one or two combat-worthy teams (a strong offense team, and/or a farming team with Valkyrie in it)
  • never disenchant epic or better cards, as they’re much harder to get hold of
  • once you are level 100+, and you have two teams at max level, then revert to above advice and never disenchant again (until you have 4+ at Mythic level of the troop, in, er, quite a long time from now)
2 Likes

Great stuff, thankyou guys. I had sort of figures out the levelling but couldn’t find where it tied into kingdoms. Will work on that premise you suggest until level 100 Jainus (65 currently I think).

Everyone really is very helpful here!

arena have just been buffed! so i think doing arena is actually a good idea now for low levels especially if getting 40 souls via normal fight is still hard or slow for them

This. Arena is a great source of souls- 3000 per 8 matches. Also, you don’t need ascended/traited cards to be competitive. You are at a disadvantage due to hero stats/weapons, though… hopefully the game won’t match you with 8 Runic Blade users. Before you get that (at Green/Yellow 40, I believe), Creeping death is a good arena weapon, from the Necromancer quest.

Green/Yellow 40? Do you get weapons through levelling your mana colours?

Yes, yes you do. If you use “show all” when looking at hero weapons, it will let you know when you get certain weapons at what mana level. Very useful!

2 Likes

I got the Emperor in a drop over the weekend, so will count myself lucky!

I took the advice on here and did Arena. Got one clear run and it gave me enough Souls to get Banshee up to like 14 or something! I will go again in that mode a few times and try and get Valk and the Emperor up asap and then it sounds like I will have a good Team B, which may end up being Team A.

I got the drop as I went for some Gem Keys, after seeing something about their rewards being very good compared to other keys. Now I have the Dragon Armour, what do I use Gems for, more Gem Keys or is there something else to save/spend them on?

Will also check out the weapon thing Kitty, thankyou.

id suggest celestial armor,

then use dragon armor at pvp, while celestial armor at arena/when you collect arena rewards

Ok thankyou. Once I have that, is Keys the way to go, or do they change the armour/offers etc and I should be hoarding?

nah no changes to armor

gem chests is where you go afterwards :slight_smile:

ps. i used to keep gems untill new mythic is released and becomes exclusive then i draw till/if i get one and keep the rest of gems for next month another mythic release… but if you dont have many/any mythics then most probably its better for you to open them any time and be content with any random mythic

Perfect, thanks! Will try do another Arena run today. Rounds take a lot longer than the other modes but the soul rewards seem like 10x better.

Knew I forgot something! At the end of the Arena run, it offered me three troops. One of them I didn’t have. it was a Blue troop but the gem cost was 431 gems?!?

Is that right? Seems super expensive for three troop, and not even a purple/yellow one?

its super expensive in general in that arena sale
its “very expensive” for every troop you dont have and “just expensive” for troops that you have xD
generally i wouldnt buy them from that option

Ok great, happy to ignore that, just wanted to check I wasn’t misunderstanding the situation. Thankyou :slight_smile: