Newbie with good questions

Perfect, thankyou. I will run this team for a while and if I survive with it I will change my hero class. Thanks very much for the help. So much going on in this game!

1 Like

Oh boy, that team leads to a lot of chains but doesn’t do much damage. Only Treant matching skulls does anything. I am Ok for gold so think maybe I need to get Alchemist out for a Brown damage dealer. I like Valkyrie and Banshee a lot though, real fun mixing up the board with them! I guess, actually, i could have the hero as a red damage dealer and Banshee feeds him. Then Valk to pick up the yellow.

Banshee should be your main damage dealer with that team. Particularly if you’ve used Valkyrie recently there should be plenty of blue gems for her to convert to increase her damage (it goes up by 1 point for every 2 blue gems she changes to red at cast time). In a perfect case (which almost never happens) you should in theory be able to chain indefinitely to her spell. Alchemist fills Valk who fills and boosts Banshee (by providing more blue gems) who deals damage and creates red, which then fills Alchemist back up again, and repeat. I don’t remember the banner best used for the team, but I think it was Sword’s Banner? (Blue/Yellow)

Hmm, ok, I think I must have been playing it wrong then. Didn’t get Banshee’s attack off much as was getting gem matches for Valk, not purple for Banshee. Will go again.

Think I am doing it wrong, or Banshee is too low a level. Got half the board in Blue and it only dealt a 9 attack. Treant doing 8 just by skull matching. Assume I need to get Banshee up a bit power wise?

Yeah, if she’s still low level that might be why.

Looking at this she gets a lot of magic in her later levels, so many spend some souls on her if you have spare.

Yeah I am gonna need to level this team. If I get the chain going it does not do enough damage, then when I don’t make a four match when I use a skill, the ai inevitably does, leads to the use of one of their skills, and one of my guys gets one shotted and dead. Then the whole thing falls apart. I guess it’s just because only Treant is at a a decent level. If I do survive the round, it’s taking like 10 minutes compared to the three or four that Team A takes.

Guess I will put the souls I get from winning with Team A, into the troops used in Team B, and then come back to them. Though wonder if it is just a continuous issue now (I am facing too high a level enemies for Team B, and to win with Team A means the enemies get stronger, so even though team B is getting levelled, it will always be behind?)

The treant team isn’t necessarily fast but it is very consistent once you level the troops up a bit. And it can take on most things. It’s your call at the end of the day what you prefer / want from a team in terms of speed, reliability etc.

Yeah I can see this team being awesome if I can level them up a bit, and the soul generation would be a great bonus. Just need to find that ai balance as right now they are making it real tough.

1 Like

You missed a hero buff while you were away, @Ozball, that’s the old list. This is the new list:

2 Likes

That would explain the large number of stats I got when I leveled up the other day. Cheers for the heads up!

Now that you have Valkyrie, any legendary (or mythic) using blue could make a good basis for a team. Something like:
Archon Statue or Gorgotha (tank, if traited to Stoneskin/Granite Skin)
Valkyrie
Blue-using legendary (Crimson Bat, Queen Mab, Emperor Khorvash for example)
Anything

Could make an interesting team. Not all blue using legendaries are good but a lot of them are.

Also, on the epics side, Rowanne is a known good combination with Valkyrie (though probably better the more kingdom stats you have unlocked, otherwise combine with Templar and/or The Devoted for armor buffs).

As a final note, the same idea applies to the other anything to x converters (Apothecary, Hellcat, Alchemist, Green Seer and Giant Spider) together with a good legendary of their color, but these converters do not generate souls and Valkyrie still does.

1 Like

As a really final note, focus on getting the Treant/Banshee/Alchemist/Valkyrie team to max level first. It can serve as a good fallback while you try out other team idea(s).

1 Like

Ok thanks for all the help. Am running pvp and maps to get more souls via team a, and ploughing them into team B. Will take a while but it certainly looks like the will be a team to use for quite some time.

i remmember at low level i used to keep 500 gold to be able to scout if needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just adding to what Kharybdys says, there are any number of good teams that use this approach (Valk as Blue creator plus 2 or 3 blue users). I’m not sure what legendaries you have, but one of my favourites is:
Shadow Hunter
Behemoth
Valkyrie
Druid
(Red/Yellow banner)

This team uses all 6 colours and has tremendous synergy. Also, traits aren’t important for success (but the water link traits are really helpful). Try to power up and use Valk as often as possible, and use Shadow Hunter once or twice before she dies. If you don’t have any of these troops, Knight Coronet can be a good substitute, although he does block Valkyrie’s yellow-mana. Rowanne substitutes well for Druid and if you happened to have Emperor Khorvash, he would work well in place of Behemoth.

Throwing in my 2 cents…when I was a low level and low on souls, my fallback would be the arena. Maps are decent, but if you can strategize arena well, you can get a nice load of souls. Not to mention all the new possible soul-generating troops you can pull as well.

There was also challenges, but I have heard it is best to save those til you can do them on highest difficulty for the best soul payout.

Thanks all, I don’t have anything above Epics troop-wise currently. And of course after not getting a Valk for ages I then got two yesterday! I will keep working on souls to level up that banshee team for sure. Team A doing pretty well in pvp currently and that is helping.

One other question. I have like 200 different troops. Some of them, like peasants and whatnot, I have 10 of. Is it worth ascending them? I keep seeing stuff about it helping with Kingdoms but can’t find an exact breakdown?

Thanks

Emperor Khorvash is (arguably) the single best troop in the game, with an awesome (and cheap) spell, and great traits.

If you ever manage to get him, a Valkyrie-backed Khorvash is a good start for a team that’ll win into end-game, PvP or PvE…

1 Like

This guide might not be entirely up to date, but should give a decent overview of how kingdom leveling works:

The short of it though, the higher rarity of a troop, the higher level it can be leveled to. Common 15, Rare 16, Ultra-Rare 17, Epic 18, Legendary 19, and Mythic 20. (so a Common Peasant can only get to level 15, but a Mythic one can get to 20, also the level does not reset you when ascend) And each level counts for some kingdom power.