New version problem since update

My son plays this game on his phone, he has done the update however the game comes up new version required.

How does he proceed as he cannot get any further than this opening screen?

Best is usually to do a full reset of the game, delete the files, and the game install again, and then go through the tutorial and relink the character, worked well for me.

What platform is your son playing on? Steam, Android or iOS?

He is on Android

Another player suggested elsewhere to try the following:

"Have you tried rebooting the phone/tablet and then going to the Google Play store to see if the update is available? Don’t start GoW after the reboot until you check the Google Play Store.

I’ve had times where my phone doesn’t register the update until I’ve rebooted, and I’m sure its clearing something cached in memory. I know this could just be a hickup my phone has, and may not be your issue, but it’s saved me before.Have you tried rebooting the phone/tablet and then going to the Google Play store to see if the update is available? Don’t start GoW after the reboot until you check the Google Play Store.

I’ve had times where my phone doesn’t register the update until I’ve rebooted, and I’m sure its clearing something cached in memory. I know this could just be a hickup my phone has, and may not be your issue, but it’s saved me before. "

If that doesn’t work, you can contact our support team and we can send a APK he can install on his device.