New Shrines

I know 2 people on Playstation who have got 1. One of whom is in my guild :smiley:

1 Like

Guildmate got thru pet mastery reward.

Don’t think I worded it well. I meant fir the reward to stay exactly the same for a free and paid player. The only difference is a paid player gets it sooner.

This.
In their current implementation shrines are just a slot machine and an insanely overpriced one.
At 0.99 per spin it might be okay to try a few here or there, but - I’ll be blunt - I’m not stupid (or drunk) enough to throw out more than that, I’m not a millionaire, you know.

(Just for the sake of fluency let’s round and simplify the numbers some. This is not a rigorous math treatise (I’m not delving into probabilities, ratios and other legitimately serious stuff), rather a sarcastic interpretation. 1 out of 100 chaos orbs will turn out to be a Power Orb, so - it will be orb #100. That, in turn, requires me to buy the shrine 50 times - 50 x 10 = 500…where’s my wallet? I need to spend some!)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against spending money on the game (two thirds towards VIP7 currently), but I see the shrines of today as outright robbery in broad daylight.

2 Likes

I never said it was. I was experimenting and got a delightful surprise. It also gave me my ninth power orb, and since I already have Zuul and EK, I’m feeling set for whatever comes up next.

Also known as “whale bait”.

3 Likes

Unshamefully riposting it here:

:wink:

Have a nice and safe New Year Eve you all people ! :dizzy: :boom: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

I am cowed by this udderly ridiculous picture, but I definitely herd what you’re saying. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hay, it’s not going to moove the needle pasture threshold anyway, so let’s not lock horns. No sense starting a beef, and that’s no bull.

2 Likes

I just wish you could opt out of shrines. I know I’m never going to pay for it, so the extra icon at the end of a match, the extra icon on the left an exclamation point are just wasted real estate. But, since it’s probably in all these places as a constant reminder to annoy/inform people it exists, I understand it’s not going away in any sense.

6 Likes