New Sentinels

Platform, device version and operating system:
PS5
Screenshot or image:

**What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:**New purple and brown sentinels have 3rd trait backwards. Purple should be web and brown should be curse.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious! Example: I lose once in the Arena, I then exit to the world map, select broken Spire on the Map and enter Arena. broken spireā€™s quest lost instead.

Hello :slight_smile:

Please provide screencaptures of the sentinels which you believe to be incorrect.

Its as simple as verifying the 3rd trait of the troops. Mine arent unique.

Letā€™s see:

• Daemonic Sentinel (Red) - 3rd trait ā€œFlaming Curseā€
  • Draconic Sentinel (Yellow) - 3rd trait ā€œStunning Curseā€
  • Elemental Sentinel (Green) - 3rd trait ā€œEntangling Curseā€
  • Giant Sentinel (Blue) - 3rd trait ā€œFrozen Curseā€
  • Monstrous Sentinel (Brown) - 3rd trait ā€œWebbed Curseā€
  • Undead Sentinel (Purple) - 3rd trait ā€œDiseased Curseā€

The traits are appear to be associated with their Troop Type and not their Mana Color (though that association tends to also exist).

1 Like

Thanks for the details. It seems obvious to me last two are backwards. Purpleā‰ˆweb and brown=curse. Maybe Iā€™m wrong?

All 6 Sentinels have Curse + effect. Soā€¦ yeah. Brown already has Curse.

I donā€™t associate these current troop type with their effects.

Dragons arenā€™t known for stunning things.
Giants are more associated with stun and not freeze.
Monsters donā€™t really web things, thatā€™s more an elf and beast thing.
Undead arenā€™t associated with Disease, theyā€™re more likely to be immune to Disease if anything.

Itā€™s a mess.

But itā€™s also not my game, so I have no say. I do agree with you that it does feel backwards and purple = web and brown = disease. Web gems are purple after all. shrug

But if it was up to me, Iā€™d rather see:

Red Sentinel = Cursed + Faerie Fire
Brown = Cursed + Hunterā€™s Mark

Burn and Disease are so weak compared to the other 4 sentinels

Typo I meant disease. If blue is freeze and red is burn and green is entangle, itā€™s logical for purple to be web and brown disease. Yellow might be silence but thats debatable.

Near as I can tell, the non-Construct ā€œtypeā€ of these Sentinels is tied to the kingdom they were assigned to. With the exception of the Elemental Sentinel (Elemental / Forest of Thorns), itā€™s pretty much whatever the primary troop type of the kingdom happens to be.

Forest of Thorns is a little trickier. The ā€œkingdom class typeā€ is Elf; roughly half the troops from the kingdom are Beast, and roughly half the troops from the kingdom are Elemental (not including the delve, which is also all-Elemental), some of them being both (and therefore some of them being neither). So they must have just picked one and ā€œdesignedā€ that Sentinel around it.

2 Likes