New Player Experience: PvP

Not playing PVP is only going to hurt your own progress, as there’s no better way to get gold and other resources :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You may have already beat the opposition that you mentioned, but by taking advice shared by some forum members who have been around the block a few times and have a vast amount of experience may help you to next time beat the same team quicker, more efficiently and with a lot less grievance that you have experienced.

As you level up you will come across even more but different grief teams. Dragon Eye, Divine/Ubastet, Justice/Mab spring to mind as meta defences that have come and gone in the past. I think the point is that you are effectively saying you’re done with PVP because of this sort of team designed to frustrate. Learn from your experience, get better and more effective, and see it as a bit of a challenge to use different PVP teams depending on your opponent rather than relying on a 1 team fits all offence.

I’m sure like many other forum members commenting here, I have 20 plus teams set up ready to deal with different threats and add a bit of variance to the game. Don’t give up on PVP just because of 1 bad experience!

2 Likes

I will say this, the fact that so many people responded so quickly, & continue responding shows this game has a great community so I am definitely not giving up on Gems of War. But personally I don’t see the point of fake pvp against builds with no win condition, not at the level I am at currently.

3 Likes

I agree. Lol… They call it “PvP” because it’s the only area where the players make the Defense builds you face.

I half agree here. Casual PvP isn’t worth the time when first starting out. But I’m unable to say exactly when you can start Farming their efficiently.
Ranked PvP is a completely different strategy. You should be doing Ranked PvP every week until you get to tier 1. When that happens if your record is anything worse than 10-1 (win loss ratio) then I would suggest you stick to Explore some more. One of my guilds is noobies friendly. I always suggest to them complete all the quests and challenges and then dip your toes into ranked PvP.
PvP is the best way to earn gold in the game. But it’s not fun to get your ass stomped in PvP. It’s important for new players to have fun.

1 Like

The computer is in fact playing the opponents team. You are correct. It is designed that way. The actual player NEVER plays his build. Your defense build in PVP will be played by the computer against those who choose your team if it should come up in 1 of the 3 categories. There are so many facets to the game that taking advice whether you find it helpful or not at the moment will increase your enjoyment of the game and reduce the frustration you feel because you might not fully understand the concept of context. If you are so unhappy with the game, then it has missed it’s intended audience where you are concerned, and perhaps you might like a different game that actually does provide enjoyment. The other option is to be patient, learn, and apply your efforts at lower levels to developing other areas in the game that will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and resources to do better at areas that are frustrating now.