An idea for a new minigame: The Gauntlet
- player chooses a team, there should be minimal restrictions
- play against randomly selected teams, one after another, until the original team is wiped out
Rewards and opponent teams are chosen based on global usage frequency
- use a rare combination of troops, or ‘weak’ troops? Higher reward. Encourages people to innovate and/or succeed with ‘weak’ troops
- survive longer? higher reward. Log-scale or cap the rewards to prevent abuse, while increasing difficulty of opponents
- opponent troops are chosen based on global usage frequency as well, starting low and increasing. Assuming players naturally use ‘stronger’ troops as they become available, this should correspond with an increasing level of difficulty.
The system becomes self-correcting
- as matches are played, the troop usage frequencies equilibrate
- statistics show which troops have favorable win-frequencies against specific troop combinations, which can help to further tailor difficulty.