New Kingdom Pass Begins - Nexus

Thanks for the info, but that doesnt matter.
Without this announced feature all pass buyer loose 2 vault keys each day.
This has to be compensated!

How do you figure 2 vault keys? From the extended levels royal pass only?
They will still work the same as the other levels no? 5 crowns for each one? So it would take 4 days to get 2 vault keys the first time, then 5 after that?

1 Like

You buy on day 1 up to 50 and repeat the five 50+ rewards each day two times
= 4 Cedric Tokens, 8 Gem Keys, 2 Vault Keys, 2 Orbs are lost each day.

These must be compensated for paying customers instead of just deactivating the feature to skip with gems.

How are you repeating all 5 levels twice a day though? You would only be able to do 2 of them per day.
So Day1 = 2xOrpheus tokens & 2x Gem keys
Day2 = Vault key & 2x Gem keys
Day3 = 1 minor orb and 2xOrpheus tokens

They will work the same as the other levels so 5 crowns for each one.

3 Likes

Ah ok, small yellow numbers on golden ground, love such top designed icons :roll_eyes:
Nevertheless, damage is done and needs to be compensated…

1 Like

If this were the only game I played, I might agree with you – if I weren’t also in a Guild that takes Guild Wars very seriously.

It very much feels like the devs have no handle on how much time everything takes – and don’t much care.

FYI: the most onerous part is actually hunting King Heliodor every day, IMO.

1 Like

Finland mentioned :heart:

As for hunting the crashers I find it the best thing this week has offered, so I’m not all disappointed…

1 Like

~50-75 Ironhawk battles a day doesn’t seem all that onerous to me, and that’s coming from someone who will dedicate 10+ hours to Wars this week, easy. Also maxxed the Campaign, kingdom, etc… all on Monday, and plan to max the class this weekend.

Gems is basically the only game I’ll be playing this week, that’s fair. But that’s not typical — not every week that a new kingdom drops during Wars, but when it does happen I’m pretty excited to dedicate the week to it.

And I think the devs know exactly what they’re doing — they want me playing their game instead of the others on my current docket. If I’m in their space instead of Minecraft’s, or Far Cry’s, or some other games’, then they’ve won the engagement numbers game and (maybe) also gotten some cash. Burnout they could care less about so long as retention isn’t so bad as to affect the bottom line.

Since they’re not trying to keep people from quitting by making “dailies” less burdensome, I can only assume they’re happy with their retention rate and engagement metrics :man_shrugging:

For the “I Would Walk 20,000 Miles” achievement on XBox, has it been confirmed yet whether or not this has to be done in a single Journey event?

Cause the vague description makes this seem like it has to be in a single event.

Earn 20,000 Miles in “A” Journey event.

It says “a Journey event”, which to me would mean its a single event. But unlike other achievements the word “single” isn’t in the description. So is this achievement like Renown and will be cumulative across all Journey events or not.

Cause if it has to be in a single event, then it’s unobtainable without spending a thousands of gems.

There should be no penalty for miles at all when as you progress and play higher level battles the amount of miles stay the same. It’s effectively guaranteeing that after a certain point you will have the max amount of penalty miles every single time.

Since you added in a penalty, then the amount of miles that can be earned should be increased as you progress and face higher level battles. Especially since @Kafka has stated in other topics that miles aren’t calculating as intended, but you don’t plan to fix it for this event.

3 Likes

Hey there! :sunglasses: :beers:

1 Like

Does/will other 2 pets also available on pet events?
2021-11-18-15.08

2 Likes

Yes, all three will be available through pet gnome events.
(btw, Moist Owlette will be released during a Nexus week on Dec 15)

If the bottom of their card says “[colour] buff pet” (and if they are not the Faction pet), then it will be available via pet gnomes.

The cosmetic pets will say “[colour] event pet”, and clicking on them will show which special event they are from.

4 Likes

Looks like rewards between lvl50-55 are resetting after you finished them for “Royal Kingdom Pass” owners.

I finished all 55 yesterday.

Today’s KP screen was:

After collecting 5 Crowns:

This was mentioned in the patch notes section.

Seems to have been a source of confusion for a lot of players. Either not knowing they were extra levels to grind out, not seeing the level numbers on mobile devices, not knowing they’re repeatable. All UI and lack of ingame information issues really.

I hope they can use some of the feedback and improve on the pass for next time.

2 Likes

I like the visual reset, though, because it helps keep track of what’s left to unlock for that day, (since there’s no total counter I’ve just been looking to see if there are two collectable steps each day whenever my daily counter says 0/5, and if there are I know I’m done looking for Heliodors)

Indeed. It does appear to be one of those things that you need external information to be able to understand.

In my case, I had completely forgot that repeating of levels 51-55 was a thing until someone on the forums was complaining about the 100Gem skip being disabled. I had to go back and reread the announcement to confirm.

However, this game is not the most egregious when it comes to this type of thing. For example, there are mechanics in Path of Exile that you need to use multiple websites to even get a passing understanding. :rofl:

Hmm again would a counter be really to hard to make really? The game internally keeps track otherwise the Kingdom Pass Battle Crasher would still keep showing up so since it doesn’t after the 10 why not have a counter?
@Kafka @Jeto @OminousGMan

1 Like

Presumably the reason we’re not getting a counter is the same reason scoring rules are opaque in World Events - the assumption that being opaque is more profitable.

4 Likes

Possible but the game already keeps track so internally its already there. But true sadly.

How come this isn’t even being talked about among the devs? The game keep tracks of when to stop sending a battle crasher but if you missed a day or part of day your in limbo somewhat. So why not have a daily counter since the game already knows internally. Otherwise we’d get endless battle crashers. @Jeto @Kafka

2 Likes