New Kingdom is approaching!

Best approach is just to hoard event keys and wait for the kingdom event so that you have a decent shot at all three…

1 Like

By the name I’d say this is probably Dark Dwarves…

1 Like

I’d say it’s something completely different - it’s Undead Dwarves.

The Kingdom image and our speculations about undead dwarves reminds me of this location in LoTR (I don’t remember the name of it) but there were many Dwares’ skeletons… And I think if this is really going to be something like that, it will be really cool :smiley:

You mean Moria (where Gandalf fell into abyss)?

Oh, and I expect from Undead Dwarves some nasty mechanisms using necromancy.

FWIW, that Kingdom has been in the data files since time immemorial. (Gave me some trouble with my JSON parser at first, too.) Interesting to see it coming to light.

3 Likes

I thought I’d heard no new kingdom before next patch.

Exactly why this thread is out of place. Been on taransworld forever, when I saw the thread first I thought it was coming next week.

approaching*

New kingdom includes these doomskulls which are a new game mechanic and will certainly need a major client change, so this kingdom will land after the next major update, or maybe at the same time.

So we can expect 1-2 more kingdoms before this?

Maybe doomskulls cause damage to magic/attack rather than armour/health? Just throwing further speculation into the hat…

They can’t get the crap they already have in the game fixed now their adding a new skull type. This has disaster written all over it.

3 Likes

My new thought is that if you get hit by a doomskull you have x amount of turns to match a doomskull yourself (or kill the troop who hit you) or you automatically die and meet your doom.

I’m pretty sure doomskulls will work like in PQ 2: 5 damage and explode. Exploding troops will rule the board.

Now I look at the world map and wonder: where this Undead Dwarves kingdom should be? The north is populated pretty well now. There are 2 spots relatively clear: western coast (to the north of Silverglade) and eastern end of mountains (to the north of Khaziel).

1 Like

Isn’t already the case?

3 Likes

The new underworld map.

Ok then, nothing will change dramatically.