New Gem Sink / Cosmetic Pet suggestion

We know that different guilds can have different pets available to hunt concurrently, so how about the option to let different players have different pets to hunt concurrently?

When a Pet Rescue is started, instead of only presenting the predetermined pet that will be available for the next hour, also provide an alternative cosmetic pet for which additional copies are required.

To keep it simple, the cosmetic pet would be determined at daily reset, and that would be the only alternative pet offered to that player for that day.

This comes a cost, of course and may I suggest that 250 Treasure Maps Gems is probably punishing enough, though not overly steep that the feature is overlooked.

So, Pet Gnome is slain, and the guild is notified that a Pet Rescue event has been initiated.
The Pet Rescue mini-game then requires a new front screen presenting the 2 pets, but one is displayed with a Gem cost to unlock it before starting the event.
Gems would not be taken from the user until the first match begins and at this point the other pet is locked out from this event (Grayed out on the mini-game front screen, should the player return to it before completing the event).

Worth considering?

2 Likes

Hm, I don’t think, I would use that choice for additional copies, seeing that an Underspire run for a pet orb costs maybe 500 gems per week. Sounds like a solid idea though, especially for past event/campaign pets, the player does not own at all yet and can only aquire through cash at this point.

Thumbs up from my side.

And here I’m, just wondering, what my benefit would be, while having every available pet ingame [except current campaign and unreleased starry pets] fully maxed out.

Good ideas, though won’t happen. Simply because devs can’t or won’t make such a change. Would surely be more profitable for them to introduce a cosmetic pet gnome troop that can be found same as the normal pet gnome, and that can also be “purchased” bait for - and they seemingly won’t even think about that. So, that’s the actual chances. :confused: