:-( New Forum BUG! "1 Emoji limit" :-( DOH! :-( (All Emoji Except EMOJI UNHAPPINESS) :-( REPRESSED :-(

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

I am trying to edit DruidsGlade recruitment thread.

DruidsGlade is Recruiting 28 / 30 I cannot save any edits to the title.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Trying to edit the title of the Thread

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

I just edited mine, and put 2 smiley emojis in it,

2 Likes

I can edit the DruidsVale and DruidsHaven threads also, just not DruidsGlade @fishinia

Why were the emoji limits changed @Lyya, do you know before I ask Salty??

2 Likes

I have no idea, sorry. I didn’t even know there were emoji limits. Perhaps Discourse changed something behind the scenes?

2 Likes

@lyya @ozball @Saltypatra , can you check into it? I had to remove the Emojis from DruidsGlade Recruitment thread. Now it looks different than DruidsQuest and DruidsVale :slight_smile:

This is what DruidsGlade looks like now! :frowning:

This is what DruidsGlade looked like for over 1 year until today!

:thinking: Hmmm, maybe that’s what happened:

Someone requested a feature to disable emojis: Allow me to disable emojis in topic titles - #16 by techAPJ - feature - Discourse Meta

Then, apparently they did it by putting a limit of two: FEATURE: new site setting 'max_emojis_in_title' by techAPJ · Pull Request #5604 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

From what i understood this became the standard, but maybe it can be changed on the forums settings, probably by one of the devs, as i’m not sure if a moderator like @Lyya have the proper clearance for it.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Limit is 1, not 2 tho @Razzagor :frowning:

can you make a new one with the emojis you want in it? might be easiest to just start a new thread?

1 Like

Nope. Can only have 1 emoji in the thread now, or only 1 of the Emojis previous used in the thread. :frowning:

Maybe there is another kind of limitation for characters to avoid long titles or some minor bug, which seems to be quite normal on discourse. Anyway, in the links i found there is some explanation and a piece of code that can be changed to allow less emojis or more emojis (probably). The point is: Who can change that for you (us)? Maybe @Saltypatra or @Ozball can change that .

2 Likes

Just need to get every guild’s recruitment thread to do this. :wink:

And it’ll be fixed in no time. Lol

1 Like

Like this @awryan? :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t see any option I have to increase the limit, sorry. That probably requires admin privileges, which I don’t have. You’ll need to ask @Saltypatra for that.

1 Like

On the subject of forum mechanics, the past couple days when i open a topic it jumps to suggested topics instead of where i left off reading. Is this happening to everyone or is there something i can change in my settings? I looked earlier and i haven’t changed any settings since i noticed this happening nor can i find any on my mobile which would cause this. Sorry for the slight derailing.

The only thing I’d suggest you check is your phone memory. The website bookmarking where you last read would be a cache thing I think? So if you didn’t clear your cache, then your phone did automatically.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue.

I also only use Chrome as a mobile web browser. Maybe that’s why I’m not having an issue?

That’s all i use too. I’ll try clearing my cache in the morning though thanx.

1 Like

To whomever bumped this AND then deleted their post!

DEVS say our unhappiness is NOT a BUG, it is deliberate by DEVs design.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: