New Feature: My Collection on Gems of War Database

Nice new feature Lyya. It’s cool (and slightly depressing) to see how much resources I need.
It might be just me, but I couldn’t export to csv in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer (Windows 10). Had to use Chrome.

A side note: the random team feature doesn’t seem to work anymore. Is it possible to add it back in?
This is the link I was using:
http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/random,random,random,random

Thanks for all the work you put in to make such an awesome site.

Yeah, I can add that back. I removed it in the process of replacing my backend and didn’t realize anyone actually cared about it (was just sort of a novelty really!).

Also, just added save functionality to Edge and IE (Edge works fine; IE’s support of flexbox is terrible and my site barely works with that browser, so good luck if that’s what you’re stuck with!).

1 Like

As a web developer, my way of supporting IE clients was to have a link to download Chrome.

I’m also no longer a web developer though :smiley:

(Though I remember the Good Ol’ Days, when IE was the “good” browser, with neat bells and whistles, and Netscape was the pain from a dev perspective.)

2 Likes

I made an Algebra I companion website to go with the textbook my sister taught. One day IE just stopped working, so I had an instruction: “If you are using Internet Explorer, download a real browser and try again.”

1 Like

Oh! One thing I just thought of that might be useful. If we have enough traitstones in our checklist to take a card to the next level, maybe highlight it in the list somehow. And if there’s a way to indicate how many traits we can upgrade it by, that’d be even better. We can see in-game whether or not we can upgrade a troop, but not how many times. That’d definitely be good to know!

Excellent resource, this is exactly what I needed. One bit of categorization that would also be particularly useful would be a kingdom category for “all star-able kingdoms”, so those using the site to see what they need for their kingdom stars can easily filter out the guardians, classes, imps, and some of the mythics. And since you are currently working on the star tracking feature, it would also be nice to be able to filter by both a minimum and a maximum star amount (eg., to be able to exclude all troops from 7*+ kingdoms, since they are irrelevant for the time being, or only show what you need for kingdoms under 5*).

For those curious, I was able to use this to track my kingdom seven star progress by:
Inputting all the data
Individually selecting each kingdom currently seven starrable and “tracking” every troop that still needs traits
Selecting no kingdom, and using the checkbox under the heart symbol to show only the tracked troops
Deselecting “count hidden troops” in the checklist window

I now know exactly what I need to finish every troop in every kingdom that I can currently boost to seven stars. Technically, I need less than the amounts shown since I don’t have to finish every troop in these kingdoms, but knowing the relative amounts of what I need total helps me make more informed decisions on which troops to skip and coupled with spoiler topics, where I need to farm. If I need to, I can modify the tracking list to remove troops I know are too expensive and I wont need as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

Added a “[True Kingdoms]” pseudo-filter to the Kingdoms filter list that will exclude Primal, Apocalypse, Guardians, and Classes from the list.

6 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic, thank you so much, Lyya! (And thank you for having the quest dialogues on your site, too!)

Lyya, let me just go on and say you are a real pillar of the community. I’ve been very impressed by your site before and you just keep on the great work. Wow. Much respect and thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I really really like this new feature. Thanks @Lyya. :smiley:

3 Likes

As always your work is greatly appreciated Lyya…

I am terribly curious though, how much upkeep does your website take?

You probably have it down to a system by now, but every time I look at the website and what it’s capable of I just think, damn she must put a lot of hours into that.

1 Like

I wanted to make something like this for myself to use, since i have a spreadsheet system i currently use for other things, to keep track of which kingdom is what type (armor, attack, health or magic) and what level they are at, and what star. Wanted to do 1 for troops to go with it, but no need now as yours does everything i wanted mine to do so thank you :smiley:

Cant wait to see the new parts you add to it to make it easier, and i 2nd your request for an API, as that would make all of this sooo much easier for you lol.

i didnt check this out yet but looks like the best thing out there :smiley: great job thank you!

I’m signing up for the site now, just wondering if you can see all my info in your database?

I haz secrets

1 Like

Well, unless your email address is “theyll_never_find_the_body@hotmail.com,” I think you’re safe in the knowledge that I don’t give a damn about your secrets. :slight_smile:

(I don’t save any plaintext passwords, if that was the question. Still, as with The Rest Of The Internet, you are best off never reusing a password if you can help it.)

3 Likes

If I get hacked now I know who did it. Good day to you!

5 Likes

All I came here to do was ask if my privates were safe, and to say thank you for the site. Now I can’t believe I’ve been treated this way. I’ve been kicked out of better places. I won’t be back!

1 Like

“He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb.”

2 Likes