New Faction - Wyrmrun

Legendary troop has a “%50 mana for dragon troops” trait :heart_eyes:
Can’t use “Essencia” with “Venoxia” because of the “lightstorm trait”. This one will be good.
With this one, dragons are the only troops with 2 “%50 mana” troop.

1 Like

Tauros also has it (from the class and King Minos).
But keep in mind that Wyrmrun’s traits are temporary fix from issues.

2 Likes

It will hurt for some when they take that away with the fix, yeah :laughing:

But, all in all, pleased for the fix (and would not be opposed to the fixed trait keeping the 50% start while also spawning skulls)

3 Likes

In my opinion:

Keep Dragon Seer on The Great Wyrm
Give Bone Feast to Bone Dragon, replacing Frozen Soul
Give Frozen Soul to as many future troops as you want.
Give Essencia a new trait, like “Explode a random Gem when matching Blue Gems.”
Delete Bone Pile as a trait

6 Likes

This is one of my favorite quest line stories so far for delve factions. They mention basically that the wyrms used to be dragons but they were cursed down here, out of Krystarra.

7 Likes

I liked the story except for the part that said they were banished by Elemaugrim in direct contradiction to the previous statement of these being the dragons that followed him?

I might have misread.

But I was expecting them to be followers of the dread dragon who were banished for supporting said black terror after he was defeated (somehow?), an overly harsh punishment for which Dimetraxia now feels guilty for having a part in doling out (especially given his own track record). But then the mercy borne of regret comes too late and — good story, makes a person think about miscarriages of justice, etc…

1 Like

What I still don’t quite get, I keep picturing the Underworld as some sort of dark place, a bit like a huge cave system. Going by the faction backgrounds it’s instead similar to the surface of Krystaria, it even has it’s own sun. Feels weird.

IP2 confirmed Hollow Earthers??

1 Like

AI stole the first turn 2 battles in a row due to the potion bug. This is as detrimental to gameplay as the skull damage bug was. I don’t know why an official, updated response to this issue isn’t stickied.

Edit: Happened again right after posting this. This faction is going to be miserable at high levels.

And again the very next battle.

2 Likes

As I said in my post above. This is ongoing since the campaign started.

A guild mate even lost a gw battle last week to this, the enemy took two matches at once (on my mates first turn) and death-looped itself through the match.

Maybe it’s ‘working as intended’?:thinking:

2 Likes

I used a team with Elemaugrim to clear the quest, without knowing any of the lore. And now I feel guilty like I was casting them down all over again :joy: :cry:

9 Likes

The Boost Ratio on The Great Wyrm should be 2x. Gaining 1 extra damage for every 2 skulls is a joke. If there’s that many skulls on the board that his boost is real crazy at 2:1, then you should probably be matching the skulls, not leaving them.

The same is true for Terra Wyrm, gaining a boost at 2:1 to Armor and Attack. That’s pretty weak. Also “explode 3 gems” is pretty low, and it’s just random.

9 Likes

I do love the number of treasure rooms in this one! As i was at work when it was released I also missed the game crashing bug, so it’s all good! For the AI getting the first turn every now and then, I was surprised it wasn’t done every second game, when I started playing the game in the first place…

2 Likes

Agreed, the boost ratio is ridiculous.

This delve may even beat City of Thieves for farming/daily delves. Plus, I can run my all true damage mechanist team here, which i can’t in COT. Not once in the 18 full clears I did did the multiplier end up under 4. That’s never happened.
And if they keep Dragon Seer on the Great Wyrm, it will become a top tier legendary.

Don’t forget you start a delve event with x2. When farming lv50 you only start with .5

I regularly end CoT with x3 which if I had started with x2 would mean x4.5

I’m just not ready to declare Wyrmrun the new best farming delve unless someone can do the math and show me the average is higher.

2 Likes

I’m in need of help. I am waiting for my hourly tributes to fill the 200 gem cost for 3 sigils. On my last game today I was able to make the lvl 500 without casualty, but I will only have 3 tries to finish the pure run… So stressed… Those who made it, how many tries did it take and what hoard level and build was used :pleading_face:

Hoard 111 + 50% (so, little over 160 true) and 5x T7 (I had the intention to go all the way without last traits on Friday, then see how it would be with said traits later but then they changed the thing…otherwise, I would’ve started with 3x T7).

First try using
2x Terra Wyrm
2x Great Wyrm
just for the safety’s sake - didn’t actually need double tank and could have used 3x Great Wyrm instead.

1 Like

Beat it first try without losing a troop, hoard level 100. Terra / Nether / Great / Great, with the banner from the faction. Pump up Terra Wyrm and you can tank quite a few skull hits.

1 Like

Did 2x Terra, Nether, Great. Just keep casting the Terras until they are nice and beefy. Nether is good to keep annoying troops from casting, but if RNG doesn’t like you, it could cost you a Terra. Beat it on my 1st try with 4x T7. Tried it twice before with 3x T7 but had bad luck with rooms (bone dragon got my Terras before they were pumped and something else happened another time).

1 Like