New Faction - Nightmare Circus

3 Likes

:jeans: :fire:

If the company releases new content then a pro tip would be to finally have someone capable available at the office during the timeframe when the office normally gets abandoned and to adjust the work schedule accordingly. Such embarrassments could easily be prevented in doing so, things would either be fixed quickly, or at least get acknowledged maybe? - (For whatever that is good…)

Once again, bugs appearing and seemingly noone working/caring during the whole week(end) to fix things. Whoever is doing testing for bugs in advance seemingly needs assistance.

Sad situation, once again, but 100% nothing compensation worthy. “Sorry.” at best, maybe “very”.

7 Likes

I’ll give them credit for having a layout that works for a speedrun. After the first room you can A) do 3 on top, B) 2 middle rooms just below it or, C) pick whichever Legendary room is easier for a one and done.
It will depend on what’s generated, of course, but it’s far better than a lot of other delves.

4 Likes

Love the artwork overall and the design of The Haunted Fairgrounds is awesome. Kudos to the design team.

Hi all,

We’re looking to run another Nightmare Circus Faction Assault in roughly 3 weeks.

There’ll be a global mail going out to let everyone know.

Sorry again for this.

4 Likes

@Kafka while it maybe good to rerun the faction so quickly it seems to miss some main points and compensation narrative. To attempt PF500 during the event you need to spend 1700+ gems and multiple hours or spend even more gems for a shorter time spent. So in effect anyone who was unable to complete it due to ‘your’ errors on 50% of the troops will get the opportunity to waste all this gems and time again as nothing rolls over? This doesn’t seem fair. Adequate compensation would be 1700 gems minus any gems you get from rewards.

3 Likes

it was tested for bugs, balance and fun

that means: not even “50 gems, very sorry” worthy

just “Sorry again” this time =)

just be aware, it wasn’t stated that the “rerun” mentioned by “Kafka” above gets another weekend event. could very well be “they” just place it on a Tuesday. :wink: also roughly 3 weeks can mean anything as we’ve often been burned in the past and presumably will again in the future. with such highly speculative announcements.

Uh, oh. Things to take into account:

1.) There probably isn’t any high demand to run Nightmare Circus again. Players started out buying their usual number of shop tiers, with the intent to complete the pure faction level 500 run. They eventually figured out that half the faction troops are broken. Giving up at that point would have meant forfeiting all progress and gems invested, because faction events always start out at square one, no matter how far you got in the previous one. So just about everybody compensated by buying extra shop tiers (which should be refunded) for extra stats, finishing pure faction level 500 that way.

2.) Replacing some other weekend event with Nightmare Circus probably isn’t going to be popular. It really depends on which weekend event gets the axe. If we are talking about Vault, expect torches and pitchforks. If it’s Bounty or Deep Faction, players usually prefer a new troop over a rerun. If it’s Arena, that one is considered a total waste of time by just about everyone, the only complaint players will have is that there’s now something to do on what was supposed to be a free weekend.

9 Likes
Summary

In about 3 weeks, we’re supposed to (subject to change) have Werewoods Deep Delve. I’ve been waiting for that one to do it pure during an event. If Nightmare Circus takes its place, I, for one, will not be happy with this one getting pushed back.

2 Likes

It was scheduled as an Arena weekend originally.
It should be going out on Friday Feb 2nd as a weekend long Faction Assault.

14 Likes

Thanks for replacing the Arena event :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

I didn’t even needed the Ringmaster in the 500 run, so the players that did just give up because the unit was not working are plain dumb.

But yes i totally expect that out of 4 new troops that all 4 should behave as intented. I have lost so much confidence in the test team (if there is any). That “we have something new oh half of it is not working” is “the new normal” and this is horrible. PVP lags and strange leagues and random rewards. new games that do not trigger extra turns or crash the game if removed, targeted …

More grinding, more stones, more bugs. it’s really getting down

And we are supposed to pay for the shop tiers again with only 50 gems?

4 Likes