New Faction - City of Thieves

Send me a link to the thread when you make it. I have opinions.

More on-topic, the quest text includes a couple other typos: “lead us my old” (“lead us to my old”) and “What do say we” (either “What say we” or “What do you say we”).

3 Likes

Oh no Cat Burglar is really cute!

Oh no so are all the other denizens!

This is bad. This is bad.

2 Likes

They steal everything, especially your heart.

3 Likes

I’m divided.

I plan to craft HKI in the next few weeks, whenever he shows up, then finish pushing my factions up to 500. Do I actually need a new daily farming faction?

On average, my 10 non-500 factions are around level 200. It’ll take me at least 3 months to push them all to 500. Do I keep City of Thieves at 20 for the eventual time when I’ll need a farming faction again?

Here’s how I’m handling this:

I’ve been thinking, nearly every faction, “Oh no this should be my new farming faction.” Every time I “sit out” an event like this to keep it at level 20 I lose a few orbs, and I’d really like to finish off Zuul’goth.

I’ve got plenty of ingots, at this point I’m only farming Chaos Shards and to an extent gold. But now there’s the challenges, which are going to give me a sizable cache of shards. And I still have a LOT of pets to push to mythic. So it’s going to be a long time before I invest a ton of shards into power-pumping my hoards.

So while I’d really like to make this my new farming faction, I’m going to go ahead and push through and get the rewards this weekend. There are more factions incoming, I’m sure some future one will somehow be even better than this one!

1 Like

Love the theme, only that I wish Cat Burglar was the Legendary troop. Who would not love a cute little cat thief Legendary?! Instead we got the boring man…

:rofl:

Yeah but as husbandos go I think he’s one of the forerunners in GoW!

1 Like

False. This is the #1 song for sure.

1 Like

Took me 3600 shards to get one copy. 3600 more shards to get 5 more copies. I don’t know what the rate was before. But it definitely feels less than before.

The past couple of Factions, it’s taken me a similar amount to get my first copy of the Legendary (and didn’t feel good). This time I got it in my first 200 Shard pull and I think was my first to ascend to Mythic :confused:. Eh. I prefer more stable expectations, tbh¯_(ツ)_/¯ (he says while playing a gacha game).

Doing 3 high lv full clears of delves can take a long time. It’s good to have a farming delve for the days you have little free time.

2 Likes

True and I have do one right now.

Also, if I don’t have free time, I can start a faction and just not play it, saving that daily delve for later day. I actually started the push a couple weeks ago, and have only played my farming delve once or twice since then.

Servers being down makes it hard for players that have jobs and play on spare time to spend the energy we purchased with gems. .

This is not a GoW server issue. Multiple services are down, Reddit, forntite.

1 Like

Thats ok, i care only about GoW and how stuff we bought might not get used because of something we cant work around.

This delve was made for one purpose. GEM Sink.

2 Likes

Well, kinda logical, we got ppls posting about their godzillions gems stacked, ppls that make money rain over them, why they should actually make decent delves or “solve” the “faction run problem”?

Oh well, let’s look at the good side, new delve event was the only thing i was wasting gems on, wont bother anymore (anyway at next delve will get the 32k +1 attack bonus nm what).

Let alone the tons of sigils you got to waste JUST to get cedric room and even so isnt said you wont get butchered by the legendary room (last 2 try i had cedric killed, full team in right order too but 1 time got butchered by glaycion on frenzy and in the other by xanthenos team).

That’s the closest i managed to get so far (started with full team, had aswell a 4 match at start, but look the coincidence, explo pot destroyed it) but tbh am not really sure i cba to finish the sigils, if i got to waste such amount of luck would like to use it for a lottery and not for a silly game.

5 Likes

Never again.
Or… until the next faction comes out.

Team was King, King, Street Thief, King and the luck needed is ridiculous.
Lvl 100 hoard, total a bit over 3000 gems spent.

2 Likes

When do the Factions get easier?
In a year or so when we spend enough dough to get each kingdom to level 15?
The stat “boost” (if you will)… Comes with Delves that are getting increasingly more difficult to do. Given the creation of more and more difficult rooms. While also making Faction teams where there’s little to no synergy.
Instead of investing my money in imperial deeds. I’d rather donate to a kick starter to pay a single developer staff member to do a whole delve. From level 20 all the way to level 500. And then use a pure Faction team with a hoard quality of 100. Do it during an event with all the Bonuses or free from potions all together.
Because the disconnect between what you think is achievable and actually attainable is disperaging at best.
You do nothing but burn your players out with this :poop:.

8 Likes

If they only made the troops a tiny bit better. It would have been worth it. Yeah it was around 3000+ gems. So thank u City of Thieves. :grin: