New "buy tiers 1-7 option" in events -- horrible placement and UI design costing gems!

With rollover, we got a great new option in events. Instead of buying every tier individually, you can now just all at once buy all the way up through a single copy of T7.

Sadly, the devs decided to use this opportunity to screw people over. They made this option the default option when you go to the event store tab. The furthest left, and the one your selection starts on. Anybody just doing the same routine they always do is going to go to that tab, buy the default option thinking it’s T1, and spend hundreds more gems than they wanted to.

I’m sure the devs in their infinite kindness will give us 50 whole gems as compensation if we’re really lucky, but this needs to be changed ASAP. This is just awful UI design at its finest. Although I suppose that’s to be expected from the people who gave us the latest card change that is an accessibility nightmare for many players.

7 Likes

Sadly = Intentionally

After seeing it I immediately had the same thought and to be safe I instantly bought Tier 1 to get rid of it for at least a week so no dumb mistakes happen, because I normally only start playing world event stuff on weekends.

4 Likes

At least it’s extremely obviously a different color.

5 Likes

The option is supposed to be to purchase tiers I-VI for 1350 gems, not tiers I-VII for 1850 gems.

2 Likes

I just unintentionally bought it :D.

Well they pretty much had to put it as the first option otherwise some would never see it and others would buy tiers and then find it at the end? Not sure where else you could put it. I noticed the different colour so almost tapped on it then realized what it was.

1 Like

Maybe I should count myself lucky that I never buy the higher event shop tiers (aka. I never have the Gems on hand to afford the bundle) ?

I’ll agree the placement is … not great; perhaps a better location could be to reserve some space on the right similar to upgrading Weapons?

On Switch at least, the “all tiers” option appears correctly listed as 1350 Gems for the first six Tiers (BUT as already mentioned, I am incapable of verifying whether this is accurate).

I hope they add a confirmation menu to this purchase.

Switch the side of ‘yes’ and ‘no’, like they did with the new confirmation to buy tier 1. That should help prevent accidental purchases.

At least they remembered to do that, we’re not getting a repeat of Millionsgate this time.

1 Like

Put it at the end, where you would naturally go to buy a higher tier. Only now instead of doing it step by step you zip to the end. Putting at the spot that they surely knew a lot of players just zip to and buy is borderline malicious.

The easier solution would have been to add an orb of chaos to tier VI.

No extra bundle necessary.

Solution G:

Return tier 1 to its previous position, but when clicking tier 1, show a dialogue with three options: tier 1-6, tier 1, cancel.

Also put a “tiers 1-6” button just above the button to purchase tier 6, in case players go looking for it there.

Solution H:

Return tier 1 to its previous position, and add a “tiers 1-6” button just above the button to purchase tier 6.