Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

I’ve been playing the game for ages, and it has never been balanced while I’ve been playing it. There has always been a handful of OP troops while the rest were mediocre or situational.

8 Likes

Let’s play THE META GAME:

1. “The meta is stale, I’m tired of fighting the same troops over and over.”
  2. {The devs release a new troop.}
  3. “{new troop} is too OP, this team kills everyone too fast, please nerf it!”
  4. {Nerf happens.}
  5. GOTO 1

It’d be nice to see Ubastet counters, but to get there we have to let them release troops instead of constantly nerfing the ones we have.

3 Likes

Imo the hero divine weapon is more a problem it create too much gems that make no sense

For a short time between the Mana shield change and Ubastet was released, the meta was fine. Changes can exist that don’t break the game.

2 Likes

That’s still no excuse to have something so blatantly overpowered compared to everything else…

And yeah good luck to newer players to win the lottery that is gem chests to pull a spirit fox.

I have her, but not everyone does and one troop is not a solution to a problem…

And wow drain 7 mana… that they will get the very next turn. So it turns a 2 turn death into a 3 turn death, soooo great.

The fact of the matter is that there should never ever be a card that can one shot TWO TROOPS from FULL HEALTH with only, what, 11 mana?? When he has the full mana to get it’s more understandable (even still compare him to every other mythic and he wins hands down - except infernus perhaps). But 11 mana?? That’s broken.

11 mana 2 kills. If that doesn’t sound ridiculous then I don’t know what does.

1 Like

Good point. I agree to disagree.

Oooookay. You do that.

Seriously I can’t stop laughing that people think 11 mana for 2 kills is balanced. Hysterical

I dont have any problem with ubastet and Ishabaala team, 99% battles I win lvl +1100 ( I dont have Ubastet) :wink:

8 Likes

Just to add my 2 cents. What is the difference from ubastet, and lets say euryali, scorpious team? Poison troops with 4 or 5 match and instant kill with scorpious? Or Wulfgarok teams; damage first troop launch Wulf to kill that troop and devour a random troop. Granted both are slower to boost mana, but same result as Ubastet. 2 troops killed with one attack.
I agree ubastet should not be a divine, which would probably solve alot of this debate, but I dont use Ishbaala on my team and can still power Ubastet quick enough to counter defence teams Uba.

Well some people must have a problem with it cause i never had that much defense win before

Euryali/Scorpius needs 39 mana to double kill. And that’s if you also have Ishbaala on the team, and neither of the back two are immune to poison.

Wulfgarok’s spell does a whopping 44 damage. When paired with another Wulfgarok and another Wargare (plus Forest Guardian to reduce the first cast cost to 11). Oh, and if the spell tries to devour a troop immune to devour, that second troop is unscathed.

Ubastet commonly does 80+ damage per cast when 8 troops are on the board. And can effect the same type of double kill. For 11 mana, with Ishbaala.

The other two can be countered, build slowly, or at least have some reasonable conditions on their monster attacks. Ubastet, not so much.

8 Likes

The community itself is the problem. Use it in offense, not in defense. Or do you want the devs to fix that for you, just like the dawnbringer issue?

3 Likes

Lol to me they have to give much much more. X2 account wasn’t easy to get it. I don’t see so much problem for the divine team… I fight them with the same team and I win 99% of the case. Ubasted is the first to fall under the shot of ubasted. If you don’t have just wait for craft it

2 Likes

I underestimated that team badly yesterday when I was doing my daily tasks. I use Ysabelle and Anu buffing all my troops armor by 3 every turn while the ai was buffing their gates I kept draining and silencing Tesla but after a while my whole team with full health was dead with 1 cast.

I don’t have problems with them either and I also don’t have Ubastet. I do still lose to them but it is pretty rare.

3 Likes

Well factually he has been nerfed. His biggest asset is the Doomstorm on kill, which has been changed quite a bit. And he is still useful.

1 Like

Maybe we should get the original, pre-stroke Fizzbang back as a counter to Ubastet.

I really miss that Fizzbang.

It’s not a guaranteed double kill. I survive them. You have to soften the opponent up first. Infernus is a good way to soften the opponent up. So is skull damage. It just so happens Divines is very good at doing early skull damage or getting an Infernus activation in. I think if Ubastet were just Raksha, he’d go from “must-use” to “really powerful”. People would complain he needs better support from Raksha.

If I wrote a page-long essay about Ubastet, it’d really revolve around “Divines are all-around broken and Ishbaala is the real mistake.” Without the 50% mana boost, Ubastet isn’t a very fast answer to threats. Without the threat of Green->Yellow and Red->Skull conversion, you aren’t contemplating a turn 2 Infernus and turn 3 Ubastet for 2x kills. Without the explosions from a fast Infernus cast, Ubastet is a later-game answer that might not suffice.

What bugs me here is I think it’s possible the motive behind the nerf is counter to the devs’ will. Ubastet represents a very fast GoW. Divnes, in general, represent a fast GoW. Doomskulls represent a fast GoW. That’s a lot of evidence supporting that the devs didn’t like a slower-paced GoW. I think if we look at the ingot and Champion XP design, a game where it takes even 50% longer per match tacks on months of farming compared to what we have. I feel like it’s pretty clear the devs want a very fast GoW with comparatively low rewards per individual match.

I think adjusting Ubastet backwards is counter to that vision. I think adjusting Divines is counter to that vision. I know the devs nerfed Doomskulls, but after playing 25 or so matches to see how badly it was affected, I still see it as one of the most viable teams. I beat plenty of Ubastets in those trials.

So I have a feeling we’ll see more troops like Ubastet in the future, not fewer, and I’d be surprised to see it get much of an adjustment. I don’t think it’s wrong to say its power level is too high for an individual card. But I think the GoW rules are changing.

Not getting in to nerf or not to nerf. Just to say that if Uba is on a team of all Divines (usual) then this team works for me 99/100. Aim is not to fire the Bat - you are using him to bash Divines at 2x skull damage. However, if you fire Bat once he will hit for quadruple damage as traits 1 and 3 stack. Double skull damage against Divines and double skull damage against wounded enemies :grinning:

2 Likes

Try adding death. Is it 3x or 4x damage then?

Hold on just a minute. Do you not see what’s wrong with this picture here? You’re… recommending 3x Divines… as a counter… to the cancerous Divine meta.

Because two wrongs make a right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes