Negative Status Effects - Refresh/Renewal/Stacking Issue

Platform, Device version and Operating System:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.5.02, OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium Service Pack 1 (up-to-date)

Screenshot or image:
None provided.

Video footage:
None provided.

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I’ll provide you with a good example to explain this (annoying) issue.

I was expecting that only the (negative) effects of the same kind get renewed or refreshed when they are re-applied on a certain enemy troop. The others should not be refreshed/renewed or stacked together as one.
From my point of view each (negative) status effect should have its own independent recovery chance.
One good example: Freeze effect refreshes/renews the Burning effect. Tell me if it this makes sense?!
The other thing is that freezing effect does not cancel burning effect by default, or if you troop is submerged, stops any burning effect, but that’s another issue.

Most negative statuses have a cumulative 10% chance to self-cleanse themselves each turn.
So, its 10%, 20% to cleanse or trigger, and so on.
Now, if you, for example, apply silence to something that is already silenced, counter resets and the self-cleanse chance starts building from scratch.
If there are multiple negative effects, REFRESHING ANY of them or ADDING a new one resets the counter for all of them.
So, you cast a weapon and then refresh all negative effects with applying burn every turn (Infernus) or poison (Euryali), and you have a troop permanently locked down and unable to do anything about it. Oh, and its chance to recover from all the negative effects drops to even 5% if it is cursed.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Probably since the beginning of the game.

Steps to make it happen again:

• Read my explanation above.
  • Play the game.
  • I hope that you see my point. :slight_smile:

@Kafka
@Cyrup

Kind regards,
Bronka [Hoguns]

This isn’t a bug, it’s a feature request.
So either you can change the category of it or wait until the devs waste their time changing it for you.

I agree though. Each status effect should be independent, I just don’t know if it’s possible.

2 Likes

I am well aware that this is perhaps better to be posted as a feature request.
However, this issue annoyed me for far too long, and that’s why I have decided to post it here first.
I see it more like a bug than not - 60/40, still.

@Kafka and @Cyrup is welcome to move this thread to the proper category after they confirm this as a bug or a feature. I can always create a new one, and slightly change or modify it when needed.

I am glad that you agree with me. I hope that developers will as well.

Someone did a bug report on this 9 days ago. So they just confirmed it’s working as intended.
Putting it as a bug report again just to make sure they see your thoughts is an abuse of what “bug reports” are for.
But okay… Do you.

It’s only an abuse if I saw it and knew about it. I did not.
Also, claiming that I abused this, is untrue, and you can’t prove it either.

They can always respond and close the thread.
The genie is out of a bottle. The rest is up to them.

Case closed.

Correct. But now you know.

If you don’t change the category to “feature request” now knowing that it’s not a bug. How does it not constitute as abuse on the system because you want the devs attention on the matter?

They don’t have to respond to feature requests.
And I sincerely hope they don’t respond to this “bug report”. Since it would just be enabling of this kind of behavior.

Hey, this is working as intended, moved it to feature requests :slight_smile:

2 Likes