[Need more info] Immortal terra not attacking 3 times

Playstation 5

Trying to use immortal terra’s spell

Happens often. Hits once or twice instead of the 3 times it’s supposed to

Steps to make it happen again
Cast the spell.

Thanks for sharing the bug. They’re almost certain to ask for a video, as proof, but just curious about the details. Is it killing any enemy with the first and/or second hits? There are certain troops which select their targets for all strikes before they begin, and thus if an enemy dies, any remaining strikes chosen to hit them will be counted as a miss. It seems like a bad system to me, and others have complained about it, but that might be partly responsible. Since you say it happens often, not always, it helps to be specific on exactly what is happening when the bug occurs. Thanks.

3 Likes

Literally this, splash damage losses a lot of value the less adjacent troops are alive.

As far as I’m aware, most examples of this (which get reported/acknowledged) actually do get fixed later.

A curious side effect of this is that when facing any Troop with a “summon on death” trait (e.g. Drake Rider), you take out both them AND their replacement in the same cast.

1 Like

The same problem is with Mistralus!

2 Likes

TINA-9000 had this problem when first released, but they did fix it.

It would decide its targets before firing, and any shots intended for a troop killed by an earlier shot would just get dropped.

1 Like

Hello, :slight_smile:

Please provide your Invite Code and a recorded video footage of this issue!

1 Like

I have no idea how to do what you asked. I’m not tech savvy. It took forever for me to even figure out how to make a bug report. All I can say is I’m on Playstation 5, and it happens often. All you have to do is use immortal terra’s spell, and you’ll see it happen often. It especially happens when a troop dies, so I’m guessing the people saying that the troop is targeting before it casts are probably right. However this really makes the troop almost worthless if it is true.

I don’t know how video capture works on PS5 either. Let’s see:

Summary by me:

1. The “capture” (or “Create”) button is found to the immediate upper-right of the D-pad on the standard PS5 controller, near the L1 shoulder button.
  2. When pressing the button the first time you will probably need to set some configuration options. Make sure you set this up and get some practice using it BEFORE trying to record actual footage of the bug. (aka. make a few test captures to get a feel for how it works and what you need to do.)
  3. You can manually start/stop recording to capture up to 1 hour of footage at a time. Since this bug appears strictly related to the spellcast, you could easily start recording before spellcast, then cast, and stop recording to review/trim the footage.
  4. PS5 can also automatically buffer the last 15 seconds (or more) of gameplay, allowing you to capture video footage of something after the fact. Do not sleep on this feature! (For comparison, Nintendo Switch buffers the last 30 seconds for video capture, making it easier to snag footage of elusive, hard-to-cause issues)

You can trim or edit the video footage as needed. After all, you probably don’t need to keep a full 5 minute video to demonstrate a 5-10 second incident.

Lastly, you will need some way to actually share the video footage. Obviously you cannot simply attach video files to your forum post here, you will need some external site to upload/store it (Google Drive?), then provide us with a URL.

1 Like

I decided to test it out, and yes it is true.

I couldn’t upload more because of file size limitations (4mb is really too small, consider doubling this guys)

1 Like