[NEED MORE INFO] Game crashed after new patch, IOS

Platform, device version and operating system:
iPhone 11, IOS 14.4.1
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Before the new patch, when the game can’t connect to the server, will get an error message and try to connect again. After the update, game just close directly without message and retrying.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First happened after I watching the Ads, during getting rewards period. So I have to watch the Ads again. It crashed 3 times in about 15 explore runs. It always happens after battle finished and get rewards period.

Steps to make it happen again
Do explore.

1 Like

Platform, device version and operating system:
iPhone X, IOS 14.4.1

Screenshot or image:;
Was not able to predict exactly when this gonna happen, so no screenshots captured

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Expected: battles go on normally and rewards are awarded
Actually happened: game crashed suddenly in a battle without error message and needs to be relaunched

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Very frequently. In pet rescue or explore runs, when I was casting a spell or matching gems

Steps to make it happen again
Play more

Hi @Saltypatra , any update? It seems more players experienced the same issue during the new faction event.

Update ? A week-end ? Are you dreaming ?

It’s Monday for AU. But it’s a public holiday, let me follow up tomorrow.

Who else is experiencing this issue? We need more reports to look into this further. In the meantime we recommend re-installing to see if this helps, as sometimes it can be an asset download issue.

I’ve had at least 5 members report crashes all on iOS.
(I don’t use any iOS devices so I can’t comment first hand. )
I’ve passed on a different support advice.

But I’ll pass on the reinstall instructions as well now.

Everything awryan lists has contributed to app instability on iOS in the past for me. Restarting my phone would provide a period of stability before things started going wonky again.

A few more reports here, I believe this is the same issue: This “update” has cost me 5 sigils this FA weekend - #22 by Voq

I regularly have the app crash, but not while playing - always when I launch it. I always force close the game after I play on mobile (since I often switch between mobile and PC versions). I don’t play a lot on mobile these days, I generally just launch it to get the income and ad rewards, so I can’t confirm this report.

It hasn’t bothered me to relaunch the game when it crashes on launch, so I haven’t posted about it yet. Do you want me to log this as a separate thread?

I am running on iOS 14.4.2, on an iPad. Gems of war kept crashing multiple times on Friday, the 2nd, Saturday the 3rd, and Sunday the 4th. I was just in menu systems, such as guild roster, troops menu, weapons menu, etc., and the game would just shut down, black screen and I would have to restart. There is no way I could get a screen shot as it was extremely random. My issues were never during a battle, just menu systems or changing between menu systems, and updating the guild announcement. I ended up doing a hard reset of my iPad and it seemed to have corrected the issues temporarily. The only app running parallel to the game is discord, and zero apps running in the background.

I am experiencing with my iPad which is running 14.42.
During GW yesterday, I finished win the third battle WON the game then
The game couldn’t connect with the server and forced to restart the game. After that the battle was count as Lost… this is very upsetting !

Hi Salty, I have reinstalled the game, it didn’t work. And it happened several times again in Arena.

@Saltypatra @Kafka

Let’s explain the issue this way. As you can see from the ss below. Players get error message when the game can’t connect server if they play on PC & Android phone. However, the game will be forced closing when it’s on IOS.

This only happened after the new patch. I am so worried about this every time when I am playing any modes that require sigils.

Hope you can get it fixed soon. Thanks

I’m unable to reproduce this issue @Vivi_Cat on iPhone on iOS 14.4.2 on game version 5.4.

Are you still having this issue with the game crashing due to a connection error?

This happened to me just now, so it’s still there. Whenever there is a communication error with the server, for whatever reason, the retry makes the game crash.

appened to me right now on iOS 14.4.2, playing invasion, I will try switch connection when I get this next time