Need a way to play higher delve levels for weekly event

A simple solution
Allow potions to work in regular delve battles under that specific faction for the duration of the event

Likely, we’ll all just need to wait for a few updates and the factions to be all out
The last couple years, there have been ways to increase stats for troops
It’s slowly making us stronger every update

4 Likes

Unfortunately, that would limit us to 3 delves for the duration of the event, 4 tops if we had one from the previous day staged in the regular delve.

Those 3 would still be better than nothing, and actually makes purchasing potions worth it for those with limited time :man_shrugging:

I know I’d consider getting Blessed at least in some factions I’ve got just sitting at 500. 3 attempts with even just enchant to start could help…and then I wouldn’t even be spending more gems than I otherwise would (but would enchant alone be enough to succeed? Probably not. But I’d try!)

2 Likes

The other issue nowadays is the COST of getting those potions for support for a pure delve faction run.

With there now being the regular weekly event and then every weekend having some kind of mini event, VERY few people have enough gems (or even ways of making that many gems) to purchase those potion support tiers, without having to kill their ability to contribute to one of the events for their guild.

This can potentially lead to them getting in trouble with, or kicked from their guild due to low/non-existent participation in an event (some guilds have very strict rules about this) and creates a situation where ultimately the player would LIKE to continue with the delves, but simply cannot afford it any longer, due the constantly increasing need for gems for other events each week.

1 Like

It’s a fair compromise
You saying to the devs “make it infinitely doable” is the same as the devs saying “we’re not doing anything”
Not that I know anything about coding, but I think my idea would be quick, that’s about the only way they’ll consider changing old things most likely

The post was about not having the time to do the event, not the cost
Eventually if you’re far enough in and have a good guild, u can save enough gems
I’ve been using my excess gems to finish pets for now, we’ll see what’s next

1 Like

You’re correct, its about the time it takes and being restricted to a single day. But its also about having factions at level 200+ and having to start the event back at ground zero (lvl 20). Today I’ll just buy tier 2 and play through to reward 8. That will get me to about level 100 to 120 depending on the ravens. It will be another weekly faction event with no forward progress on that specific faction.

2 Likes

I just had a thought. What if we could spend extra sigils to progress more levels at a time? Other events let you spend extra sigils to increase your stats, so what if that same mechanic could apply to delves but instead of increasing stats could increase levels? Maybe a max of 5 levels at a time for 5 sigils?

2 Likes

This week I did the one day event to 500 because I forgot that the new one was incoming. So I’ve done both and it’s smashed my gem stash to bits. But regardless of gem cost without being in government enforced lockdown, this simply would not have been possible despite both being 3 room fights at later stages. I can’t afford the shortcuts until level 300 because I dont have the resources.

Gems well spent, once a faction is at 2500, you never have to touch it again.

You nailed it. Complete the new event and take a month off from delves is my usual approach.

Didn’t see this topic and created another exactly like this. I should the search function next time.

2 Likes

This is a good idea, I was thinking the same thing as one of 2 possible simple solutions to this event problem (which is quite frankly disrespectful to players who work full time during the week). Even just 3-4 level 500 delve attempts with the buffs would be nice.

I think this solution would be even better though: change the level selection screen for the Tuesday event to take away the lower level option and add a maximum level unlocked option instead. Basically the right side choice would match what is available there when you start a regular delve for the faction (or 500 if already completed).

That would give players the option to just skip ahead to where they left off if progressing forward is all they want to do. That would also give the option to play straight through to build rewards if that’s what they want to do. Having options is good. I mean who is ever selecting the 0.5x treasure multiplier play the lower level option during this event anyway?

So the Tuesday event starting level options would become:
1- Play the current level again (1x)
2- Play the next level not yet completed during the event (2x)
3- Play the maximum available level to the faction outside of the event (2x)

Wouldn’t everyone be happy with that simple change?

2 Likes

I’m very much with you on the general idea, just wanted to point out that there currently is no level selection for Faction Assaults, whether 1- or 3-day – they just start at 20 and go up each run (as if automatically selecting the right-hand option).

Aside from whether or not they’d want to implement something like this (for evil financial reasons), I imagine the main design constraint would be factoring in the greater amount of points earned at higher levels for Factions Assaults.

• E.g. If I was able to start a Faction event at level 500, I could basically just do one run and earn all the rewards (chaos orbs, vault key, etc.).

• This would also give me a heads start on the leaderboard.

I think it has been suggested before, though, to essentially choose to forgo leaderboard placement, and I assume event rewards as well (?), if continuing from your highest completed level in the event.

Maybe it could even be treated as level 20 if you were starting at say level 270 in terms of points, acting as a self-imposed handicap.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been envisioning for the solution.

Give me a one-time choice at the beginning of the Tuesday Faction event to

• Start at level 20
    OR
  • Start at the highest level I have yet to complete

and then let me go forward from that point.

After I make my choice, the points for the rewards (and leaderboard) continue to work the way they always do, regardless of whether I started on level 20 or level 300. It should take me about 90 to 100 levels (doing all rooms) to complete the rewards to stage 8.

1 Like

Hah, I’ve been completely ignoring those Tuesday events so long that I completely forgot about this. Very good point about the scoring aspect also. So it would be something new to implement for that event, rather than a change, and would have some additional complications to consider. Not as simple as I was thinking, so probably not going to happen.

I guess I would revert back tot he other idea of just letting the potions apply to the regular delves in that faction for the day then.

1 Like