Mythic drop rate needs increasing or better odds

If you have been playing for months, you should’ve been able to craft months / 3 mythics from the Soulforge. That’s the pressure relief valve.

Your chance at mythics is unbelievably low. Gem keys take about 2500 to have a >= 90% chance of dropping a mythic. I’m in a great guild and I’ve hoarded 267 this month. That means I should “expect” to see 1 mythic maybe every 10 months from gem keys. Guild keys, at 40k seals, have the same odds, and at 1,500 seals/week you get to open about 70. That’s about 8 months.

So it’s pretty normal to have one mythic after an undisclosed “months”. But people get excited and like to brag, so you hear more stories about the people who have pulled 3 or more. Further, there’s a reason the game announces when people find a mythic in chat: it’s a psychological trick. Human brains are bad at understanding rare things happen often if many people are attempting simultaneously. When human brains see THAT GUY get a mythic, they screw up and overestimate the probability of receiving one.

All of this gets wonky in bigger guilds because I don’t know the LT rates. But I think, in terms of mythic pulls, I’ve seen a distribution like this:

• 75% of my current mythics were crafted in Soulforge.
  • 20% of my current mythics were guild LTs.
  • 5% of my current mythics were pulled from chests.

In reality, I bet the vast majority of people play GoW for a few months and quit without ever pulling a mythic from chests.

All of that said:

I don’t disagree. I think more people would be happier during their short GoW lifetime if they got more mythics. I think this would lead to more casual in-game purchases. It took me about a year to get the “good” mythics, and now I just hoard gem/glory keys while waiting for a new “worth it” mythic to release. That means from now to eternity, I am likely to have so many keys hoarded I will always get a new mythic. So it’s not like they’re very precious for long-term players.

1 Like

Don’t give up, it will happen eventually. I played for a year and a half before I found my first Mythic, and then I found a bunch in a row. Since then, it has been pretty steady, typically I’ll snag some of the new Mythics, and miss the rest.

The point is though that it will happen. It’s not a question of “if”, but “when”. Joining a good guild though would help your chances exponentially.

Im in a top 18 Guild on PS4 and only have 4 base mythics at level 1139, the drop rate on this is awful. Plus the rewards for legendary tasks need to be upped. I dont enjoy wasting a full million for 4 poxy glory keys, 1 event key and 4 arcane rage traitstones that will never be used. Ive been in my Guild ages now and it hasnt improved my chances one bit of dropping mythics. Is it because i havent pledged money? Probably. Pfffft.

I’m afraid that’s wrong. I have all mythics except zuul and I’m VIP 0. RNG is all luck I’m afraid.

1 Like

Note: legendary tasks are not supposed to be equal in value to the first 72 guild tasks each week. They exist solely as a way to let active players/guilds spend some of their extra gold each week. You don’t finish a legendary task expecting something awesome. You finish it because what else are you going to do with that 10 million gold you’ve accumulated?

Further:

Any time you open a key, award yourself some points:
(1) A glory key is worth 1 point.
(2) A gem key is worth 10 points.
(3) If there is a mythic in that kingdom, an event key is worth 10 points. Otherwise it’s 0 points.
(4) A VIP key is worth 100 points.
(5) A level 5 guild key is worth 1 point (equal to a glory key).
(6) A level 6 guild key is worth 10 points (equal to a gem key).
Edit: (5) and (6) are worth half points if you are still getting guild guardians from your guild keys. Thanks for pointing that out, @Fiara!

To have a 50% chance of drawing a mythic, you need to accumulate 6930 points worth of keys. You should average one mythic every 10,000 points of keys. If you’re doing better or worse than this, that’s the RNG kicking in.

4 Likes

It should be added that (5) and (6) is only on the basis that you have all your guild guardians upgraded to mythic with 4 copies of each :blush:

1 Like

If only base mythics had the same drop rate that the useless Sacred Treasures had. I always groan when I get one. Seriously ruins any chance of an actual mythic…

What do you mean? Sacred Treasure is only available in Portal opening, and nowhere else. It’s also the only Mythic there.

If you get Sacred Treasure from Legendary tasks/keys opening/buying packs, that’s a bug.

1 Like