My very first match against Deathknight class

If i’m not mistaken, right now, stun is not locking DK’s trait because of how the triggers are organized… So… another problem on the pile.

But well, i admit that an “All Brown team” was the hardest to be assembled for me, as i don’t have one of the main powerhouses yet, Famine. Not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but i believe i have all other colors teams well covered with much more reliable strategies, at least comparing to brown for the reasons i listed…

I feel no need to keep discussing DK, for now, as i believe that eventually the class will crawl under the skin of a lot of players and get the necessary rework after some turmoil that, i think, is not worth the trouble in the first place as it doesn’t add any fun interaction…

1 Like

If you want to make Deathknight into the “going out in a blaze of glory” martyr, only have his trait work if he’s in the last position (like Goblin King) or if there’s only 2 or less troops left.

His trait makes total sense as a “last ditch effort”. But to put him up front so that he can fire off 4 Death Marks at the start of a match just is dumb.

Stun doesn’t work on DK, just so you know.

Yes it does. What doesn’t work is stunning with the deathblow. But killing an already stunned Deadknight works perfectly.

I’ll be honest, I’ve only mostly skimmed this thread. While I haven’t run into any DKs yet, what’s the issue with leaving them till last? If they’re the last troop to die then there is no chance to lose any troop from Death Mark? Or are the teams set up for self sacrificing and are getting lucky and hitting the DK?

1 Like

A DK in slot 1 is really hard to avoid. You’d have to use a specialized team like Kraken, which makes DK a big problem in GW.

1 Like

I stunned a DK with Khorvash and finished him off with Crimson Bat. His trait still fired.

I hope you filed a report for that bug then :wink:
I just tested it yesterday with multiple troops and a stunned Deadknight (stunned before the damage is applied) would never trigger his trait on his death.

To add some rather obvious info on the stun and deathblow on one spell issue, that is simply due to the spells sequences. For troops like Khorvash or Wandering Monk their spells damage is dealt before the stun is applied so if their damage kills the Deadknights trait still triggers unless the Deadknight was stunned beforehand.
Dracos 1337 is the one exception among the spells to it atm, as his stun is applied before the 25% chance for an instakill, so if a Dracos fires on a DK and the instantkill procs, the Deadknight dies without triggering his trait.

1 Like

Running into a lot of fully traited deathknights lately. They are a poison in PvP at the moment. Death Mark is already broken, giving yet another way to fully mark another team is just one more way they are limiting rather than opening options. Do these guys just want invade teams composed only of troop with the impervious trait? This does not open gameplay, it closes it.

This is worse than the bone dragon/courage meta, there were more counters to that.