Mounts in Krystara!

I like this idea. I want to mount a horse.

1 Like

I like this idea, too, but Iā€™m worried about making the hero even stronger than it already is. With certain classes and weapon affixes, teams can already become brutal. Having backup could make the situation worse, unless only certain classes could have mounts, or that any troop could, or some similar balancing mechanicā€¦

4 Likes

I also think about the issue of balancing between troops and their function or efficiency in team formation. I believe that this would be something the Devs would treat with due caprice, as it has to this day.

I believe that as for the heroā€™s empowerment, in attacking teams this would not occur. Thatā€™s because the mount, according to my idea, would not grant any kind of bonus to the ā€œheroā€ troop itself. A buff or debuff activated on your invocation? Yes, I would like that very much, but before it would appear (only if the hero was shot down) the mount would not affect the team at all.

In a way, I think it would be a more effective reinforcement in defenses, since when we beat the hero on an enemy defense team, the mount would be invoked as a last resort. But in the attack? We hardly think of losing the hero or any troop when we attack. We would not want to lose the hero just to see the mount invoked if we would gain nothing from it.

Seconded. Only those heroes (classes) that donā€™t have a summon talent tree. Hero may still use a weapon that summons, but should not be a passive talent. Like Warlord with a Secrets of the Crypt may be able to mount, but not Thief with any weapon.

A certain number of souls shall be spent as the cost to mount before a battle. This could start clearing huge unspent souls.

1 Like

Kingdom level 30
Get 3 mounts to mythic

All Iā€™m saying here is think about all the possiblilities of side effects from requests of new contents in the context of GoW and the devs, there are so many more I can imagine off the top of my head

2 Likes

I must say I thought the idea was great. It gives yes to imagine many things, but what guarantees the long useful life of a game is the addition of new contents. And Gems has been evolving a lot in that direction.
I hope some Dev read this suggestion and consider the idea of the Mounts. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

The idea is not bad. I have to say that if there was a cost, whether it was souls, gold or glories (as long as it was not gems), it would be one more element to be considered by endgamers in the game.

The problem in this case would be the use of troops in defense.
The defenses were never charged, it would be strange to charge for the use.
Or charge for the use of mounts on the attack and not on the defenses.
And it would be even worse if the mounts could be used in the attack (where they would hardly appear, since the hero is defeated in a very small number of fights), but not in the defenses (where the hero is always defeated, ).

Iā€™m loving the complements in the idea and the myriad options. Crossing your fingers for a Dev one day to see this suggestion and bring it to the table of ideas of the game.

1 Like

Tag one or two devs in this topic. :wink:

1 Like

@Cyrup @Saltypatra what do you guys think about this?

1 Like

UP to remember my idea. Maybe it canā€™t be thought of or used in the upcoming Updates to come?

Your idea is not exactly suitable for this game. I donā€™t approve of it.
Mounts would only come into play, if they would make some kind of a difference when traveling the Kingdoms, like it used to be in PQ1. Thereā€™s no such thing here. Also, there will be Gems or Money involved.

1 Like

In fact, it is not necessary for the mounts to be moved around the kingdoms literally. The mounts would always be with the hero, who goes wherever, whenever he wants.
We already have a troop that does just that, Drake Rider, who, when defeated, ā€œfallsā€ and his mount takes his place in battle.

And there is also no need for money to be involved, as is the case with pets. The mounts could be troops acquired from events, chests, or even a Mount Gnome.

In practice, mounts would serve as a ā€œlast resortā€ for a fallen hero, just as many troops in the game summon others when they are shot down (except for Drake Rider, none have a 100% chance, but in this case, weā€™re talking hero with a specific support).

With new Patchs, we need to have something new, something beyond what we already know. We already know that we will have to rework some activities, so why not a [really] new type of troop?

35% chance a cunning hero will he mounting a bandit :rofl:

I see no value in adding mounts.
Traveling doesnā€™t exist in this game, unless you consider clicking the kingdoms instant travel, in which case it doesnā€™t add anything.
Artwork rarely shows troops below the waist, so itā€™s no use there (although cosmetics are the least of my concern, so if it were that I donā€™t care whether they are added or not.)
If you want it as a buff for the hero: as pointed out, they are already strong enough and we have weapons, traits and class skills.
As a ā€œbackupā€: THEY ARE ALREADY STRONG ENOUGH and we have class skills traits.