Most Random place you heard about Gems of War

5+ years ago I heard about Gems of War on an IGN podcast. Today I saw it featured in a Microsoft YouTube video about the Series X|S.

So I’m curious if anyone else has a completely Random/Strange place they saw or heard about Gems of War?

1 Like

A cop on a construction detail. I was at work, went outside to open the gate for a delivery and as I walked by his car I saw him playing.

Not really hearing about it, but its the only time I randomly saw someone playing a game I did outside of the normal places you would expect it.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of it in any completely random places yet. The closest was when a Twitch streamer I was watching was looking for a new game and happened to choose Gems of War. It wasn’t like any other game he had played before.

I was pleasantly surprised that he was playing a game I was familiar with. I didn’t reveal how much I played the game, only that I also played it and was open to answering any questions. I wanted to see how the new player experience was, especially since I started before the Kingdom/questline changes.

Other players eventually came in since he was streaming in the GoW category, and drove him to quit. They gave him unsolicited advice and did some backseat gaming. It seemed to drain the fun out of the game for him.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I don’t even let members on my server see my playing advice until they are level 100 in game. I want them to just enjoy the game before they are bombarded with everything that needs to be done to get to the end game.

2 Likes