[More info needed] Freezing receiving Orbs

Platform, device version and operating system: PC (Steam)

Receive an Orb Chaos

Twice this week when I was collecting an Orb the game froze. I don’t know if I actually received the orb as it froze completely. This time was when I collected level 55 from the Royal Pass. The game froze and just hung with the “Reveal Orbs of Chaos” screen. I had to kill the game and restart it. I don’t remember what the first orb was from as I just figured it was a one-off crash and ignored it.

1 Like

You will have received the orb. As soon as the game tells you you got an orb of chaos, it has already decided what it is and has added it to your inventory. The reveal animation just shows the player what it was.

1 Like

Hello, :slight_smile:

As @Theoden has mentioned, the moment you collect your reward it is automatically added to your inventory so don’t worry!

The reveal animation being interrupted doesn’t mean you didn’t receive your orb.

Please let us know if collecting rewards from the Royal Pass does make your game freeze consistently!

1 Like

I don’t think this should have been marked [Not a bug]!

Sure, it’s good that the OP didn’t lose the orbs they were collecting. But it absolutely is a bug that the OP’s game froze while they were being collected.

9 Likes

That and they don’t even know what orb they received. If this bug happens, I only know what orb I got if it’s an orb of clans, because those are the only orbs I use as soon as I get them.

I understand I still got the orb, but what about my curiosity? I don’t care if it’s just another orb of growth. I’m interested in the orb that was added to my inventory, not just the knowledge that it still made it there.

Agree, @Bramble, “Not a Bug” as a tag should never be applied to situations that are “left hanging”, because the classification implies that all relevant discussion on the matter has ended (which is also implied for issues tagged as “Fixed”).

Your last comment was this:

Which implies that the proper tag should be “More Info Needed”, specifically, whether this freeze can be reproduced consistently (or at all).

1 Like

I haven’t seen the game freeze since when collecting orbs, but the missing factor is the Royal Pass ended and I can’t collect orbs for it any longer until the next one comes around. Pretty sure both times it froze was collecting the final rewards in the Royal Pass.

As @Lerena mentioned, even though I may have received the orbs, it is good to know what I got.

If the game freezes again on collecting orbs I will make sure to update the thread and make note of what I was doing.

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve changed the tag for this thread to [More info needed]

If in the future, you do encounter the game freezing because of orb collection please let me know what actions you took that led up to it!