Mitigating reset issue until hotfix

POST BATTLE RESET PROBLEM

It’s all about the spinning rainbow wheel in the bottom right corner. If there’s input between all enemies dying & that wheel popping up the game hiccups. I’ve run over 1000 battles since last night with no reset. If you want to mitigate the risk even more you can wait till the screen goes black as the Victory animation rolls thru. Split-second retraining will save a lot of headaches this weekend. Vault smart, vault safe.

Note: this does not apply to the issue of in-battle freezing. That really sucks and I’m sorry it’s happening to those affected.

3 Likes

I’ve yet to experience this peculiar crash myself, but to be fair I always assumed that the “Victory” banner dropping down was non-skippable anyway, and thus never attempted.

I cleaned up some daily tasks last night (and all of today’s dailies) with no incidents, so the crashing clearly IS avoidable at least.

2 Likes

Definitely I’ve had guildies who’s spam rhythm was already synced to the update and haven’t had any issues. Others are learning to take an extra beat.

Another mitigator if using a controller / console is to get a routine of pressing the Eastmost button (B on Xbox, O on PSN) after killing all enemies and the wheel has appeared before going to the usual South button spamming. In fact a great rhythm for PvP quick battles is B B A A B B A A (Xbox).

As with any strat in this game YMMV.

“When the screen goes black, spam attack!”

“Don’t do it before, resets are a bore!”

“If you’re pressing while the wheel is spinning, there’s a chance you’re gonna stop grinning!”

“When the rainbow circle is in view, be careful because any input even unintentionally can be registered by the game and in its current state due to the most recent update the possibility now exists for any input either during or directly before the spinning rainbow wheel pops up in the lower right corner after killing all enemies to cause a hard reset which needless to say is quite frustrating in any circumstance but is especially exacerbated by the fact that this weekend is a Vault Weekend where many players are attempting to maximize the number of battles they can whether for verse farming and/or GaPs!”

I need to work on that last one - doesn’t even rhyme.