Missing 'Difficulty' section (Resolved)

Code: ISIDRO_29
Char: Isidro
Guild: Lost Vikings

Platform, device version and operating system: Android mobile. Samsung S8.

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I wanted to change the difficulty in Explore and Challenge.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
With the biggest uodate last year, I cannot recall the version. This is when game got new menu. I was recently watching YouTube videos and saw that people have the difficulty option for Explore and Challenges. Q

Steps to make it happen again
Navigate to Explore or Challenge screen and search for Difficulty section.

1 Like

I can confirm I have that difficulty selector on iOS, so somethingā€™s fishy here.

Hi Guys,

Not sure how quick usually support replies since Iā€™m new. Apologies for being pushy.

Since I saw in YouTube different strategies I want to play using different DIFFICULTY.

I reinstalled the game and it is the same, no DIFFICULTY section.

At the support - check my invite code ISIDRO_29. I donā€™t want to quit the game but if Iā€™m getting different content and have to spend ages to catch up with others, this is not feasible.

Hi,

I downloaded the game on PC and linked the dame account.

On PC I still cannot see thr difficulty menu.

developers should be online in about 4 hours or so, and they can look at your account
@Cyrup @Kafka

@Perfectford If you are a brand new player its possible the Difficulty option is disabled until you reach a certain level. The developers found new players would change it and find the game completely impossible to win and quit playing forever. I kind of recall something like this being implemented a few years ago. If Iā€™m mistaken the Developers will be getting into the office in a few hours.

1 Like

Thanks Strat, jzg,

Iā€™m actually not a new player - level 1015 and VIP 8. Just recently started to show more interest in different strategies and saw the forum and videos.

I will wait for the developers and see the verdict.

ā€œSupportā€ is a small team of people in Australia, so they donā€™t tend to show up until ~4 PM Sunday in many US time zones, and by about midnight Thursday theyā€™ve clocked out.

And itā€™s a long weekend in Australia, with Monday being a holiday. So Infinity Plus Twoā€™s support crew may not be back until Tuesday.

1 Like

Update here:

I was checking the Arena and seems the menu is missing from there as well.
It says my difficulty level is N/A and I get to fight with troops with 15 heath vs. ones with 50 heath.

Check screenshot.

Iā€™m also on PC but I have difficulty setting (and working one, too; checked it just seconds ago) both in Explore and Arena, so this doesnā€™t seem to be a huge global bug, but something, reading posts above, doesnā€™t sound right, for sure.

Put your invite code, player name, guild in top post so the devs can find you. Sounds like your profile needs fixing somehow.

This is a bug the team is aware of - itā€™s a bit of a complicated one so no resolution at this stage. Please send me your invite code (or post it) and I will fix this for you @Perfectford

Nevermind, just found it in the above post. I will address your ticket with a response when this is fixed for you. Otherwise, your case has been added to the main report.

@Cyrup, thank you very much for the support.

It is now fixed. I confirm that:

• Difficulty menu is present
  • Settings button on home screen works
  • Chat button works
  • I see Daily quests in troops menu.

For the last point I didnā€™t know Iā€™m missing it. Again when watching videos I saw people have it. The second and third point I reported separately.

Also, last night I removed the game from my phone and installed again. With a new char all above was working. The moment I linked my account (before the fix) the points above didnā€™t work.
Tested to link my account on a second Android device - again, only my char was affected.

Thank you again for thr help. All is working fine now.

Hey @Perfectford! Not a problem. When did you first start playing Gems of War?

Hi @Cyrup,
I canā€™t recall exactly, I see email confirmation request from Feb 2017. I do recall playing at that time and gave it a break for few months around Q4 2017. I came back to the game somewhere mid 2018.
Currently catching up on stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for that!