Mis...err umm...Medal Impossible

On the eve of 7 troops being released next week. It quickly dawned on me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to ever have all the troops in the game fully medaled/enhanced under the current token drop rate system. Even if you’re somehow lucky enough to farm 6 Nysha Medals a month. That still won’t make a dent in the back log. (Or buy the medals based on frequency of their Flash offers.)

So the question is…

Do you believe the developers of Gems of War even realize that 100% enhanced troop collections are an impossible goal to achieve?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Should every challenge in a video game be possible to complete?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Does it bother you that it’s also impossible to have every pet ascended to Mythic Rarity?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

0h35m26s this timestamp may/may not age well lol.

0h36m50s this actually upsets me, since the moment a goal becomes impossible in Gems of War, the game stops being fun since then the game becomes aimless. Collecting stops being fun if the goal is unobtainable.

Depends on the game. In a collection based game, it should be possible, otherwise there’s no point in collecting anything… and really, that just takes the fun out of the game. Otherwise, you just cherry pick the awesome stuff and ignore everything else. In Gems of War, that means getting like 5 key mythics (arbitrary) and ignoring the rest like Shade of Zorn.

It does a little bit, but if the difference between paying real money for no benefit (cosmetic pets) or not doing it at all, I’m just not doing it. Now if I started missing buff pets, then I’d start to get annoyed.

8 Likes

You posted the link twice or am I missing a timestamp?

same link, just the first half/second half of the same question. probably didnt need both tbh, but oh well

1 Like

I have written evidence (somewhere in my trash) that mythics are intended to NEVER be fully medalled. Ever.

This might be a personal problem but lower tier medals are also becoming dead content. I’m not sure if this was intentional.

I don’t have enough souls to upgrade troops I don’t use and throwing them into an upgrade for a 3% success rate also has the same problem. I could soul farm but it’s still more effective to hunt for Nyshas and gather more useless medals than soul farm to put those into use.

I’m wondering if crafting medals into higher quality ones would help ease this solution. Could be a traitstone gem sink.
Gaard>Yasmine 25 of every minor traitstone
Yasmine>Orpheus 25 of every major traitstone
Orpheus>Aranaea 25 of every runic traitstone
Aranaea>Anu 5 of each arcane traitstones
Anu>Nysha 50 Celestial Traitstones

Maybe that’s the publishers don’t care, whichever.

5 Likes

Do you believe the developers of Gems of War even realize that 100% enhanced troop collections are an impossible goal to achieve?

I answered that yes they know it’s “impossible” but it’s not, technically impossible. It’s realistically impossible.

Should every challenge in a video game be possible to complete?

So, I answered no here too. And I remember a game, back from the early 1990s - Star Control I think? There was an object in the game “red herring” that was too heavy for your ship to carry and could not be split into parts. Its value was super high. Unobtainium is a common feature in games, especially older games. I kind of like the idea of an impossible task.

Not dead content; but once you have the proper amount of each AND have medaled troops that you care about medaling (a short list, quite honestly), then why bother farming more? I haven’t touched explore in weeks; I’m focused on leveling classes now. Explore will always be there.

The upgraded troops’ stat bonuses are somewhat questionable and they aren’t fun. If maxxing out firebomb raised exploded gems from 4 to 5 or 6, then we’d talk. A few stat points? Meh. Game is full of overkill.

Yes, medaling Phoencia may be nice; but that extra damage doesn’t really progress you a full explore level does it? No, so, meh. (Mine is silver, for full disclosure)

The troops which I care about medalling tend to be mythics, I still wish to upgrade the following: TINA 9000, Infernus, Mistralus, The Gray King, The Possessed King. Legendary converters, Epic Empowered converters. The other medals are simply of byproduct of trying to complete the mythics that I like to use.

Is it game changing? Probably not but I got 1 magic completing out almost every faction in the game full faction 500.

I was there during that Dev Q&A that TheIdleOne posted. Once Sirrian stated that medalling all troops wasn’t in their plan, I knew right then I wouldn’t bother with that aspect of game very much. I do like having 100% on my Steam Achievement’s page. So, I’ll eventually medal enough low rank cards to complete “Take that Geoff”. Otherwise, I don’t even think about medals.

4 Likes