Minutes to Merknight

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/minutes-to-merknight/

New Invasion Troop: Nereida Nereida will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Ultra-Rare Troop: Merknight The Merknight will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem,…

Wanted to take this thread to discuss something interesting.

As of this week, with the Merfolk Invasion, every troop type now has a Siegebreaker troop. The first invasion was almost two years ago! Any future invasions will be like the Knight invasion, where we have multiple Siegebreakers to choose from to complete the event.

However…

Spoilers for future updates

One thing of significant note is that on February 17th, when the next Invasion would be scheduled, only an Empowered troop is ready to release, even though several troops before and after that are scheduled.

In other words, either the team adds a new Invasion Troop with 4.7.5, or a replacement event will come in a future update.

The only issue with this theory is that 4.7.5 is a bugfix update and we already know that the primary content of 4.8.0 is to add a new monthly weekend event to replace the soon-defunct new class event (the last class is coming in April and the Devs said on stream that a new event will be created to replace it).

The more likely story is that the new Invasion troop will get patched in with 4.7.5.

4 Likes

My guess is they will just have a 3 weekly event rotation until the next weekly event is released.
So that week in Question (click on his spoiler if you want to know what I’m talking about) is most likely going to be a GW or ToD week.

Maybe they will just put the old siegebreaker troop in the event shop. No different than faction event shops having the same epic troop everyone already has mythic or class event always having same weapon everyone already has…

2 Likes

I used to like that iron maiden song.

2 Likes
Spoilers

The Drifting Sands Godslayer is scheduled 4 weeks after the Sin of Maraj one.

Spoilers

It’d be really weird for Sifu Yuan to be the store troop for a Zhul’Kari event.

I hope Nereida’s boost ratio (not shown) was balanced keeping in mind that a maximum of 3 Submerged allies will be able to count towards it.

Boost ratio is x4, according to Tarans. Kind of whatever, but at least it is a damage boost (unlike the worthless siegebreakers who inflict status effects, which don’t work on towers).