Minor Traitstones in Legendary Tasks

We don’t even do legendary tasks, but I have to say getting random minors is pretty silly. Everyone at the endgame post guild patch can attest that the problem with minors is not a lack of minors on the whole but rather just red due to both them being the most required and least dropped minor (in PvP, where you are mostly likely to spend your time if you are doing legendary tasks in the first place). Even then, the gold key glut and their release pattern of not putting out minor red troops in a while is already closing this gap, and most everyone completing this task more than likely has a 83.3% chance of what amounts to a null drop when minors are rolled, if the minors are of random colors (and approaching 100% for many).

I know that I’ve never done a legendary task and play much less than many of those completing the tasks do, but in checking what I have/need in terms of minor, I’m at least 200 over for every single color except red (over 1000 over what I need in the case of yellow), with red being 700 under. That being said, I also have over 24,000 gold keys saved, which is likely to cover that need completely for the foreseeable future.

Lets look at it another way - anyone doing legendary tasks gets at least 670 gold keys per week. Gold keys have an approximate drop rate for minors of 18.8%. You get approximately 126 minor per week, just from the first 6 levels of the brown guild task. Just stopping there, that is generally more than the total amount of minors required to trait anything released in glory packs, especially with our average number of troops per week having gone down. Now, only about 21 of those will be red, and you are probably bottlenecked on red now, but if they continue their color imbalance corrections with releases, eventually, you won’t be. Even if they don’t, you also get three minor from every glory pack, which mitigates the minor cost on whatever color that troop happens to use, largely nullifying how many extra minors you need to trait new glory pack troops - the exception being doing if they did something trollish like releasing nearly an entire kingdom that nearly exclusively uses red minor without event packs, or releasing a bunch of consecutive red minor troops back to back. All that is completely independent of any battle drops (though, usually, not much significant here as your highest number - yellow - is primarily what you’ll gain), gold keys from tributes, or legendary tasks. In all likelihood, even without the legendary tasks and battles, you are moving toward not needing minors of any color, ever. Getting minors from legendary tasks would be about as pointless as getting souls in the long term.

If anything, straight up gold keys would make more sense than getting minors, because I’m sure a lot more people need to ascend one last common than need minors of every color (and the gold key can still get you said minors, albeit at a slower rate). And needing approximately 20000+ gold keys (a number that continues to rise with each common release!) to ascend the newest common all the way to mythic, you are less likely to permanently outpace the release schedule, as is now possible (and likely) with minor stones.

6 Likes

Bumping this for votes. 57 is good, more is better.

Having run out of minors (yes it is possible) it wasn’t pretty.

But what I would like to see is a better drop rate for arcane and runic since they are harder to get to, take forever to get to and EVERY troop and Hero Class needs. It would be really nice to see a task that actually gave Arcane or runic stones not just keys and such.

1 Like

Come on, it’s not a slap in the face.

More like a kick in the nuts.

:expressionless:

1 Like

I really don’t care about this. But I do know that I would rather have minor traitstones in the legendary tasks than runics. I’ve never been short on runics but minor reds were a big issue for me until a few weeks ago. .

4 Likes

Haha what’s wrong with that guy??

But you’re certainly not guaranteed to get the colour you want if you only want, say red for example. It’s a 1 in 6 chance and it isn’t that great. I don’t think they should in there really because you get plenty in gold chests /exploring.

OOH??? is there a point where I won’t keep running out of red minor traitstones? I had to go farm some more today… mind you good for soul farming but seriously. There has got to be a better way than spending 50 dollars to get the traitstones one needs.

Not really. But there was recently an event that was about killing about a 1000 troops in explore, so I did that all in pridelands, which netted me around 200 minor reds, and that was the final push I needed to get a small reserve (about 50 or so) minor reds. It is still several hundreds behind my reserves of all the other minor traitstones, but it’s a start…

Yes there is definitely a point where you don’t run out of minors. Basically after you get your commons traited, it tapers off fast and then it’s like when will I ever use all these minors.

On ashtender.com you can see the total you need to trait up every card in the game. It turns white once they’re all covered. Red was the last minor to go white for me.

I vote a strong strong strong NO to a kick in the balls, I mean minor traitstones in legendary tasks. In Unrepentant we get 20+ legendary tasks every week and everything is useful, except minor traitstones.

I’m thankful souls, maps, and gold keys aren’t rewards in legendaries. So it could be worse.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

bump cause this is the first time i saw this thread

whoever didnt vote - please vote now :wink:

With 80 votes total, i think general view of this is very very obvious.
I can add that 29 more people from my guild would also suppot ditching minors from legendary quests.

I, for example, have 807 minor reds (the one i have least off and 2249 minor yellows (the one that i have most off) right now. And i am someone who doesn’t do explores unless its for weekly event finishing. So is there anyone who needs minors whos guild is doing legendary tasks? I don’t believe so.

Also i believe that replacing minors with seals would be great, whether they count towards total collected or not. 20/30 seals is far far better then getting 20/30 minors.

We’re on our third legendary task and got 20 minor purples in one of the rewards, it’s poor. I’m not sure if we’ll bother with them for a while.