Minor Interface bug with Team Slots since 4.2 Update

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.0.07, OS: Win 7x64 SP1

Screenshot or image:
None.

Video:
Provided below.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Since Update 4.2.0.07.

Steps to make it happen again
Whenever you access the Team Slots, select one Team, then close it, it will usually be blank, but it’s only a slider/scrolling down issue, if you scroll up, it will still show. Still, it’s a minor interface bug that wasn’t there before 4.2.0.07 Update. Check a video to see the issue.

Video:

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This is happening because your game window has been resized manually and the menu doesn’t like it.

I strongly suggest using one of the standard resolutions offered in the settings > Graphics menu to avoid UI issues like this.

I am using the default settings, 16:9 = 1920x1080, standard setup.
I don’t have any other GPU options enforced differently.

Is this in full screen and what resolution is your monitor?

I’ve been having the same problem. I wiggle the scroll button of my mouse a few times and then the menu shows up.
I also play via Steam, windows 10.

My monitor is full HD - native 16:9 resolution =1920x1080, Samsung SyncMaster BX2450
I am always using the native resolution and full screen option enabled in the game settings.
This issue did not exist before the Update 4.2.0.07.

Does it depend which gamemode you are accessing the team slots from?

That happened to me once, when changing my general Defence team.
Screen res is 1920x1080 for the game, with my second monitor (on the left) at 1280x1024.
Windows 7 x64.

1 Like

It keeps happening to me on both my computer and phone.
Phone resolution is set to FHD(2220x1080)
computer resolution is 1366x768

I think it does.
I am level 1198. and I got my last, 27th Team slot unlocked.
I think that this only happens if you select the one at the full bottom.

Check my video again that I posted. I did exactly that.
You only need to scroll up with your mouse wheel to fix this issue on PC, not sure about other platforms.

Hey @ultiwizard what device are you using for the phone, and what operating system version is it?

We were able reproduce this issue solidly so we’ll keep adding any further information to the report for the team.

I have windows 10 and phone is Samsung galaxy s8

1 Like

I was having this issue on Android in the Guild Wars Defence menu, when deselecting my bottom team slot (having to scroll up).

I noticed that the Support Team needs more information. Video was provided, explanation was given.
I am not sure what else I can provide to help with this problem.

I’ll say it again. The Team slot must be at the bottom.
Click on it to open it, and then again to close it to see the issue with the last Team slot.
I am playing in full screen mode on PC with my native resolution of my monitor, 16:9 = 1920x1080.

However, if there are any questions left, I’ll be happy to respond and help.

Source:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000669135-Teams-appear-blank-before-battle

I suppose that ticket will get updated soon, or is it really still unclear?

This is also happening on PS4 too. Simply scrolling up or down worked for me and the team showed.

1 Like

Hey @Koromac, that’s a general notice that is not directly related to your report. Your report was very helpful! The team has the bug but as we are entering the Christmas holidays it will take some time to look into it.

At this stage, we are able to reproduce the issue but it would be useful to have some more information from other players experiencing it and their platform and model and the game’s screen resolution if playing on PC.

What type of Android do you have? @Kay93x glad you got it working.

[screenshot removed by moderator! :wink: ]
Pls don’t look at my storage space :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have a lot of screenshots, and I’m not deleting the Jersey Boys soundtrack, Joni Mitchell or Sex on Toast (Melbourne-based band!!!)!

Is any of the info in my screenshot sensitive, and shouldn’t be advertised? :confused: I know it’s not the most recent version of Android, unfortunately.

1 Like

I’ve made a note of that information on the bug report and removed your screenshot. There is nothing incriminating there but if you are unsure it’s good to be sure! ((I think your band/music interests are a lot more personal :wink: )

1 Like