Merchants and other offers disappear in delve daily runs

Platform, device version and operating system:
Playstation 4

Screenshot or image:

No image of it yet. Will try tomorrow during the faction event

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

I saw the background for the merchant pop up after a delve room fight but then it disappeared with no offer.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Today i actually noticed for the first time. 2 or 3 times in one run.

Steps to make it happen again

Do a delve run with daily sigils. Tomorrow will be a faction event so i can test this out more.

Is there supposed to be offers during a deep delve or no?

They won’t show up in any events including faction assault. But not sure why you didn’t get any in daily delves maybe just bad rng?

Assuming you do all eight non-Boss rooms during a delve run? Also assuming that it’s 15% for one of the offers to appear after a non-Boss battle? (I think that’s the number advertised in the patch notes.)

You’re not quite 75% to get at least one Offer during a delve run. So it’s plausible that you could spend three sigils, do all 24 non-Boss rooms, and never see one. It’s not too terribly likely, but “bad RNG” can land you on that approximately 1-in-64 odds of it happening. (It’s actually a little less if my math is correct, namely 0.85 ^ 24.)

You’re also roughly 60% to not see an Offer in a single Explore run, using the similar baseline percentages.

Im saying i saw the back ground pop up but then It disappeared quickly with no offer.
Good to know they aren’t in events or deep delves.

I had the back ground pop up 3 times and disappear without any offers so it would have been a great one on my 3rd run.

I just used my two daily sigils on a deep delve and got the Daemon offer after the 2nd battle. So they can show in deep delves, but only outside of events. In events, they won’t show up, whether it’s a deep delve or not.

Reference:

2 Likes

Thank for finding this out for me. :+1: