Medals should be linear, not RNG

So my stat and time investment illustrates what exactly? Bad luck and nothing more? These medals are important. The OP is about linearity and yet nobody is actually addressing that as a concept

Because no one knows what you mean by “linearity.” You’ve yet to define it.

1 Like

Or just bought them from offers. Also possible option.

Yes they have farmed roughly 50% more than me as the OP illustrates but no they haven’t invested cash wise. Why people are surmising stuff rather than comment on the original thread is beyond me lol

Ok, here it goes.

I disagree. They shouldn’t be linear. If anything i could assume more medals(or maybe tokens?) could be added into daily deals offers (as most people wont buy anything lower than anu/nysha)

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread that posters just ignore to such an extent. The colossal outcry about epic event keys proves that observed data is irrelevant when endgamers feel “obliged” to have earned through effort over a two day window. The hypocrisy is staggering when you consider that my post addresses a far more objective timescale. Unbelievable how anal many endgamers are

There are 7 “frequent posters” besides yourself in the 25 comments of the thread, and the spread of people participating is even wider if you look at where the 23 “likes” have come from — not all views or “likes” equate to posts if the viewers/likers feel their views are already represented.

So this wasn’t ignored.

It was largely rejected by most of the people who did bother to type, I’ll agree, and that must be frustrating.

But I still think you’d have more traction if you justified and explained what your idea actually is and why you think its implementation would be better than what we already have.

Because, as far as I can tell, I’m still not sure what the feature request even is besides “Other people have more than me, and that is bad because I want the same as them irrespective of other factors like playtime invested,” and that is not a sentiment likely to get much buy-in from this playerbase at all.

2 Likes

If I may…

OP “Make it better!!!”
Devs, “Okay make what better?”
OP, “It!!!”
Devs, “What’s it?”
OP, “It!!!”
Devs, “Feedback noted.”

End scene

Politician’s logic:

1. X is a problem. Something must be done.
  2. Y is something.
  3. Y must be done.

Check out a few of mine…I think people just straight up ignored me. No worries. Soon I shall have my revenge.

I don’t need GW Brackets to be reworked, we’re already b5 and climbing.

I don’t need Carved and Watery to be fixed, I rarely use Doom Blade and Club. (and never use EOE).

I don’t need Faction Renown to give additional benefits other than useless (at this point) daily ingots and a plus 1 magic buff.

And I don’t need linear medals, cause I still wouldn’t fight explore battles.

Good luck in your quest tho. I’m rooting for you.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but how is this different than a guild mate who spends the same number of keys as you, and pulls several mythics, while you pull none?

RNG is an element of the game that has been there since it’s inception.

1 Like

Making medals linear is simply not possible. What would happen is people would spend 150 hours a week farming explore, using buddies or paying those that supply ‘services’ for a fee to farm for them, and end up with hundreds of Nysha medals in a month. Whilst they can at the moment, the low chance restricts the medals to how the devs wish to maintain.

There is already someone in the game fielding a PvP team of 4 Mythic troops at Elite level - 24 Nysha medals and that I spotted several weeks back. That person also has gold Webspinners and another team with different gold elite mythics. They have obviously farmed a lot of explore, an insane amount to get there. Imagine for every 8 runs they were guaranteed 1 mythic token. 12 runs an hour, 1.5 token/hour - 225+ tokens per week - 25 Nysha medals a week. Even 1:10 - 16 medals a week.

And that’s why it is what it is. I would prefer more Nysha medals, but the only way you get more is by investing time.

If you want devs to take notice, it might be an idea to raise a thread and request that the drop rate needs a boost. I doubt you will get that, the best we can get is a token gnome, or maybe a double chance weekend to go with gnomes.

FWIW I generally explore once per month and have 9 Nysha medals. All I do is explore 12 on gnome weekend and pick up medals. Any time I drop below suffucient Mythstones, I then do about 4 x explore 5/6/7 and then back on 12s. I get less vault keys, but really don’t need vault keys as much as tokens. I made that choice recently, and it’s working okay.

I have been known to explore occasionally outside of the gnome weekends, but it’s an hour or three a week. The past six gnome weekends, I have picked up give or take the odd token, 5 Nysha medals, and one weekend I got 4 tokens, and another 12 for the same time investment.

Edit - and it is a drop in the ocean, I can gold elite 1 Mythic troop and have 3 Nysha’s left, or 4 if I use 3 Anu.

3 Likes