Matchmaking - is being attacked by opponents 500 levels above you normal?

You are right @RiverSong and @HoundArchoin the level is not so important. I didn’t try to claim that I am so good that I can beat lvl 1000 player. I just wanted to point out that strange luck. Within last hour I had another 2 fights with them.
In any case it is something like an honour to fight them.

and another one with Mr.Sammy just now. Don’t tell me this is normal :smile:

An honour… Really?
Playing against OCD players who HAD to reach level 1000 by playing thousands of hours of GoW…
Well thank-you, I guess.

You might see me a lot, as I’ve been quite active this week. I played 600+ games…

Orbin, it’s an old picture? aren’t you in the same team :wink:

@KAYA43V3R, It was taken at the time of the post. We are really in the same guild and fighting each other. Well, at least I am fighting him :wink:

oh :hushed:
I thought you did not meet a member of his team
but apparently yes

@orbin111 - You and I may be the only ones who think so, but I do think it is an honor to fight and/or beat one of the 1000 level players. There aren’t that many of them that you can afford to give them a miss, especially considering the payday involved.

++

I think it actually beat me one of the two times I’ve seen it today.

I love matching with lev 1000 guys…like *-Mr.Sammy-*dhjl *Krammaster *Jhhyyg … Its’ a nice challenge and earning lots of gold.

I bump into level 1000 players quite often, but then I’m near level 700 so I’d expect matchmaking to lean towards the high end…

I rarely see guildmates - it’s supposed to be rare.

Bizarrely, while I rarely fight anyone below level 250, there’s one exception - an opponent level 180ish called Kitteh88 (something like that) who I see almost every day!

I realized that I quite offten play against the same players. It might be the case which was mentioned several times where you get into the loop more often when you invade. This kinda make sense especially when @MrSammy confirmed that he played like 600 games in the last days.
I also think there might be some loop of invasios / revenges which comes in play.

Since the AI is fighting for you while using your team on defense, I don’t think you ever can. I don’t believe anyone has posted a defense team that wins even 50% on defense.

Woodland Banner
Goblin
Boar Rider
Goblin Rocket
Goblin King

Wins easily 75%+ of the time on defense for me. I would actually put its win rate at around 85 to 90%, but since I don’t track the numbers and the game doesn’t either I am estimating lower than I think it really is. I have no kingdom bonuses and all troops in the build are level 15. I actually took it down because it was winning too much and I wasn’t getting any revenge battles (which are more gold effecient than invades). There were days where I would literally get no revenge battles but wins every few hours when I checked.

I also took it down because peeps seemed to not enjoy playing against the gobbies. They were my defense deck before 1.07 and they lost around 80 to 85% of the time which is why they were there. Now they are my invade deck and I run a dwarf deck for defense which is severely underleveled and has only won a single game. :smiley:

-Razlath

Well there you go… may have to give it a shot for a day or two to see how it does for me :smile:

The linke below might help too. Several people published their winning defense builds. Lots of legendaries in play in most of them, but that is to be expected I think. Hang in there and keep building! Keep in mind the rules the AI follows as well. It isn’t incredibly bright, but you can play to it’s strengths. Focus on simple builds without too many choices. Remember the AI fires an ability almost as soon as it is ready, so make sure whoever you place first you want to charge and fire often if they are blocking later units. For example, the goblin charging and firing as often as possible is key to the team I posted. So the AI doesn’t really hurt itself too much when it does so.

-Razlath

I also don’t think it has so much to do with hero level as it does your group team score and traits. I’m in the 70’s and getting 1000+ level opponents because I have high level mythics and cards and lots of traits on them.

If I set up a team with hardly any traits and not max leveled I get lesser opponents and most especially if I lower the group team score on my defense. Putting 1 fortress gate in the defense and nothing else I get slot 3 battles of around 800 to 1k.

When I put in higher defense and am playing my higher offense cards I get 1.8k or more in the 3 slot and I can hardly beat most of them as they have so much life and shields it’s not easy breaking through until they have exploded me and blasted me to smithereens.

I’ve tested this many times paying a diamond and putting low cards in my offense and defense before paying. For awhile I get easy pvp matches and then it starts to go up again as I get on a streak of wins. I rince and repeat once I reach slot 3 opponents I know I can’t beat again. Seems to work every time now for me.

7 Likes

I was going to make a thread about players with higher traits, levels, basically just higher then you challenging you, and I came across this. Well, it makes no sense, it’s just plain dumb. I’ll add it to the bag with the rest of the foolishness and just mush on.

Being matched against players whose levels are vastly different seems to be quite standard.

I don’t feel guilty about invading lower level players since I didn’t stack 4 real difficult troops in my defensive line-up. I’m surprised I get as many defensive victories as I get. I like to get revenge games I can win. I don’t know how the upcoming Guild Wars concept will change that. I see people with defensive line-ups and think, “You don’t seem to want any revenge games.” Those may be winnable if I get my main attack off first. I don’t want it be a luck race to see who can do that.

Whats up with necroing stuff as of lately?