Matching 4+ skulls vs bone dragon ends turn

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Using KoS to create a bunch of 4+ skull hits. My first troop is silly spider swarm (red), enemy’s first troop is Bone Dragon *** (freezing troop when hit with skulls). So I create skulls, spider swarm hits bone dragon, spider swarm gets frozen. All fine thus far. Now after the hit, it’s no longer my turn. And no, it didnt accidentially also match 4 reds. Happend 4 times in a single game.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Cast KoS to match 4+ skulls when the enemy’s first troop is a fully traited bone dragon.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

It’s normal : although the frozen description doesn’t say so, frozen also blocks additionnal turns coming from matching skulls if and only if your first troop is frozen.
(This was discussed back when frozen was only previewed and many players reacted to it, quite a long and old thread I’m not gonna search for you :stuck_out_tongue: )

And that’s why I’ve been telling Bone Dragon is still freaking strong :frowning:

2 Likes

Also what is probably the actual confusing part, the frozen heart effect applies immediately, so that the skull hitting troop already counts as frozen for the very hit that caused it to be frozen to begin with.

2 Likes

Yes, he is.
Although I’d say it’s a grey area here - I’d expect Frozen to influence what happens after you hit BD with 3rd trait - ie. if you match 4+ skulls while unfrozen you get your extra turn, only next 4+ matches don’t give it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way…

Yep, I also think it shouldn’t block your extra turn in that case, as you weren’t frozen at the time you actually did the matching.

What’s more, with heavy skull spawners (hear Sheggra, Infernal King, Keeper of Souls), if you overkill the unit BEFORE Bone Dragon by matching skulls (match more than you need), you get frozen… And say bye bye to your turn…

Strong spell, strong trait and bugged to his advantage, Bone Dragon has it all !

Well then, good to know. I can live with the part of first frozen troop matching 4 skulls ends the turn. But as stated above it’s odd that the match 4 skulls ends the turn even though you were’nt frozen when you matched them =/