Making the tasks fun instead of tedious

I guess the answer is yes. I almost never get less than 15 glory per run, and a bad run for me is generally 45-55 moves. You can get much more glory if you have a good run and get lucky with chest drops. I believe I’ve received over 100 glory before. That being said the better runs are going to take longer.

When I do maps (mostly pre-update), I was usually seeing between 10-15 per map (+/- 10-15). I’m not a master of that minigame, but would usually get 1000ish gold, 100ish souls and a handful of gems or glory keys. I probably get a vault 5% of the time and have never gotten 2.

Not that I’ve needed maps because I’m not a map heavy user, but when I have wanted more for whatever reason, I would stick Tyri out in front of my team while trying to complete the “Use 3 of a type” challenges. I don’t go out of my way to farm maps. If they come, they come and I will usually pick up 1 or 2 here and there so it will add up. But I just use her for a field clearer for whatever mana I need plus somehow she hits like a truck as she’s the troop with the highest base attack that I have (at 24). So she serves great as a skull beater too, even though she’ll wilt with taking a few hits herself. Then again, I play the kingdom challenges so she one shots everything anyway and her glass cannon doesn’t backfire.

Farming maps is not fun, but it is necessary. I feel the same way that it’s not an organic extension of how I play, but since maps and guild tasks are the only fast ways to advance now, I’ve adapted. You can farm about 5 maps in 10-15 minutes with a Templar, Tyri, Valkyrie, Finley team. Playing enough treasure hunt you will almost always get at least 45 moves even on the worst runs, which in my experience translates to at least 15 glory.

Pre-update I averaged 20-40glory per map.
After the update I only average 10-15 glory per map. Like @Shiratori I have had some bad rng regarding maps since update. FYI I always get minimum of 3 traitstones.

1 Like

Just tried one for the lols.

99 moves. Only 950 gold. 6 glory. 241 souls. (My vault gave Souls.)

1 Like

Anything over 100 Souls is high-end, you got a really Soul-heavy Map.

You should average at least 10 Glory a Map over time. Do 10 Maps, not just 1.

Maps are not fun for the returns I see.

Plus aside from the challenges, I need to make sure I get enough trophies for my guild.

1 Like

Up until an hour ago I would have said “our” Guild, but the leader quit and you won’t talk to me privately, so I’m a little confused.

Been multitasking around the house. That’s all.

Right now, my bottom 3 tasks are

Win 20 battle with troops 3 from Grosh-mak
contribute 50000 gold to guild tasks
win 20 battles with 3 troops from wild plains

I know I’ll do the guild one in a few days but, it means several days before knocking it off. I’d contribute the gold anyway but if the task was to give 10000, I could at least see other things in between the time it comes around 5 times, if you know what I mean. I’d accept 2 gems per shot to keep the same reward ratio (i THINK it’s 10 gems for 50000?)

Oh, I know I’ve seemingly done nothing but complain in this thread but, I do like this game a lot and appreciate all the work that you guys keep putting into it even this long after release. I nag because I care. :slight_smile:

I think the intent was that it was supposed to take more than a day to do the tasks except for the daily one. I think. Not that they all couldn’t be done but that only the power players would try for that.

I did 10 maps quiclky and the 10 glory average look exact ( average of 16 in this case)

1- 43 move 17 glory
2- 63 move 0 glory
3- 54 move 15 glory
4- 47 move 10 glory
5- 32 move 8 glory
6- 33 move 21 glory
7- 37 move 21 glory
8- 67 move 37 glory
9- 37 move 16 glory
10- 34 move 17 glory

1 Like

Also got over 1000 souls 8 glory key 2 gem key and 2 arcane stone and about 50 minor or major

@Rickygervais

Thanks for showing everyone why I have been advocating doing 5-10 Maps a day.

1 Like

Yup they are boring but clearly not useless

1 Like

Damn right they’re boring (farming them is even worse) but I’d be a fool to avoid them.

I never once said I enjoyed them, just that they need to be done. Especially if you want to buy 10+ Weekly Troop packs a week.

Exactly and what i like is you don’t need to be really good just do them and you get a decent reward

1 Like

also i realised when make low score move (under 40) you get more glory then if you over 60 moves

Edit just did a map with 63 move and 0 glory and a map with 35 move gave me 20 glory

It isn’t moves per say but the number and type of boxes you have left on screen. Having 3 of level one boxes red? Is better than a single level 2 green especially for glory. If you are nearing the end of your turns don’t match boxes.

Plus we don’t have the Treasure Hunt update that makes high level boxes give better rewards.

1 Like