Making lv500 delves 2x

When you max out a delve, the multiplier sets to 1x. So in a sense the game punishes you for maxing your delves.
Can you make the last stage of every delve to 2x?
Thank you.

11 Likes

how about 3x or 4x?
whats your team if u dont mind sharing lol.

I don’t want to be greedy. 2x is fine, but 1x feels like i’m robbed, only because i did well.

I’m using (for hog)
Dragon eye weapon
Divinia
Queen Aurora
Bugbear (i dont have ubastet)

Now starting crypt but the tactic is the same: transform one of them into dragon, kill the dragon with an extra turn assassin, the rest of the team are mana generators / healers / barrier providers (preferably all at once)

2 Likes

max yao guai + fire troll. that is all.

Not in Hall of Guardians though.

haven’t delve on that far it makes a difference. thanks for heads up tho!
oh wait, the colors, lol… korvash also a friend of mine =)

As someone who has already gotten two out of three factions to 500… I’d kinda like to see a 2x, yeah. I don’t want to be backed into a corner with less rewards simply because I played the damn game too well.

Its all a time thing though. We all have the same number of times we can win on 2x. So getting to the end doesn’t put us at a particular disadvantage. However, we shouldn’t lose out for being there either.

I’m one who has all delves at 500 and it sucks. Not only is it 1x rewards but because it’s so risky doing side rooms most people will just head straight for the boss room. So we get 1x, low chest lv, and the battles are extremely difficult. From today’s 3 scrolls I failed once and with the other 2 rewards combined I think I got maybe 20 shards and 4 legendary ingots. What a waste of my time.

1 Like

Bumping this again since I just tried to make an identical thread.

I’m sitting on 500 on all of them. Now I can’t do anything with them. I can clear 500 again but it gives me like… 30 Chaos Shards.

Ya know, for such a strategic mastermind you should have thought about keeping a faction at level 20. (Thread point still stands.)

Based on the assumptions that:
Content is designed to be completed
If you can do a L500 delve that a L20 delve is trival

If you finish a delve to level 500 you get x1 and compared to L20:
The battles are harder
Chance of a loss is real and results is significantly less rewards
Each room takes more time
Doing additional rooms is significantly more risky

If you leave a delve at level 20 and do x1, the comparison to L500 is:
easy battles
quick battles
all rooms can be completed with no risk, so maximum chance of increased rewards
virtually no chance of a loss (so you always get maximum rewards)

Therefore while the assumption is that completing all content is the expectation of game design, it appears to make a lots of sense to leave at least one delve at L20.

So in summary, something needs to be adjusted - And while that is happening, maybe the option to run faction teams at a level of your choosing for x1 rewards would be a nice addition.

1 Like

Good idea!

I personally was agitated at myself for using the controller onehanded while eating my breakfast today before I left and accidently selected 1x. I have a few delves at 500 so once the last ones are done I’ll be locked in at 1x too. I’m Not looking forward to the 1x lockdown.

2x seems fair for a 500 Delve.

imo it should be 3x atleast or be reset back to lvl 20 after you 500 it

1 Like

“Beating the system” doesn’t appeal to me particularly much, that’s all.

Of course, neither does being put in a situation where that’s one of the best ways to go about things.

I think that delves should be reworked a bit. Follow perhaps more of the Diablo 3 “Greater Rift” style reward system.

• You can choose any delve difficulty that you have completed +1.
  • The loot is tied to the delve difficulty that you do. (a level 20 delve rewards much less than a level 500 delve).

This would allow players to choose to farm or to push, and determines what level of risk vs reward they want to work on. (e.g. a level 300 delve will go faster, but a level 500 offers more rewards with more time and more risk).

This also patches a bit of a loophole with the “farming” factions. You really shouldn’t be able to get better rewards by just farming a level 20 faction with 10 quality/100 hoard level.

1 Like

I believe I suggested something along those lines initially, since I know these devs know D3…

2 Likes

For a long time I believed that re-rolling affixes (like in D3) will be their answer to bad affixes on weapons and that devs put these bad affixes intentionally so players will be happy to spend resources rerolling them.

That’d be okay, if it was something like Minor Traitstones or something else we have thousands of things we can’t use…

A more critical currency, not okay.