Make sentinel available in event chests

Would you possibly be able to put the sentinel troops in event chests when thier kingdom comes around? The drop rate is really bad and having to play through a rubbish game mode for a minimial chance to get one isn’t great. Thank you

26 Likes

If they did that the sentinels would be just another troop, rather than a reward for playing the Underspire.
And some of us actually like this game mode!

2 Likes

I can’t imagine anyone sensible enjoys running into a dead end and doing an extra battle for a chance at a Sentinel with a 1-2% drop rate with no duplication protection, limited random amount of chances per week, and near useless consolation prizes on a miss while spending gems for the opportunity to play it.

If anything, it ruins the mood of the mode where you want to feel “smart” finding the shortest path possible and save gems, and instead tells the player to go ahead and fight almost everything.

25 Likes

If the minor trait stones and jewels were removed from the drop table, it would improve the chances at getting the sentinels. Trinkets and tokens r okay. Diamonds and dragonite need to be increased by about 5 times to be somewhat valuable.

But who r we kidding? The under spire probably won’t even be considered to be reworked while they focus on the battlegrounds next year.:rofl:

As much as I like Underspire, this probably is the last week I spend 150 gems each day and buy some extra lanterns to get everything done. Even though I mostly play it for the orbs of minions, I’ll probably find 20 new mythic troops before I find 1 legendary sentinel …

8 Likes

PUBLISHERS: How do we keep the whales who have collected every troop and weapon engaged in the game?

DEVS: We have an idea. What if we introduce a set of troops that can only be collected through highly random luck and that encourage spending 2.1K gems per week.

PUBLISHERS: WE LOVE IT! (And have an extra doughnut break this week, on us!)

The Underspire Sentinels are performing exactly as intended. Don’t look for any other collection opportunities for these troops any time in the near future.

Just wait until the additional new Dungeon Dragons are introduced this week. I’ve heard through the grapevine that they may require in the range of 40K dragonite to be collected.

noone is stopping you from playing it anyway. :wink:

3 Likes

The drop chances for sentinels would stay exactly the same. The freed up section in the loot table would go entirely to the next least wanted item in line. Unless this item was somehow considered to be of too much gem value, in that case some less valuable least wanted item would get introduced.

Fun fact, whenever a kingdom week is for a kingdom that doesn’t have a mythic troop yet, hitting the mythic slot in the loot table of event chests gets you a common troop instead.

3 Likes

They are going to require 550 per craft, +10% more than Gem Dragons.

And with six of them to collect, with the same expected value (as Gem Dragons) of 15 eggs, we can reasonably expect the full set of Cosmic Dragons to cost about 8250 Dragonite.

I’m currently sitting on about 3500, myself. Waiting for 5k before I try for that last Gem Dragon.

You are right. I was thinking of looter shooter games that I enjoyed (borderlands 2 and 3). If u wanted specific items, u would hunt down specific enemies or bosses that had a smaller range of items that could drop.

I realize now that this game does not work like that, and I was too quick to misinterpret the Underspire drop pool. It made a lot of sense to me that the abysmal 1-2% drop rate would be increased to fill in the gaps from nerdie birdie’s pie charts of data.

How else could we get the sentinel drop rate to increase to a realistic chance of about 10%? I’m not going to spend extra gems for this garbage, and until this issue gets addressed I’m going to pretend like sentinels don’t even exist.

1 Like

What are these “sentinels” you speak of? :wink:

Thank you, that’s much less than the original estimates that were being floated, in the range of 2-4x the cost of the current dragons

In before even more posts of people complaining that they’re still missing 1 dragon after 20-30 Cosmic Dragon eggs (aka. 11k-16.5k Dragonite) and questioning why the RNG keeps RNG’ing.

1 Like

You call it “a rubbish game mode” but want them to make this “rubbish game mode” easier for you? Yeah, they’ll get right on that…

To be fair, 8000+ Dragonite would cost up to 40k Gems across up to 4 months to purchase (reduced by Perfect Runs and Merchant/Angel encounters).