Make Dungeons Great Again

Everytime the community asks for a big fat change it never happens. Never.

So I will recommend a simple tweak: put the difficulties in the Dungeon mode. So one can fight versus a 200% boss team. Maybe boost the rewards accordingly so players will be rewarded for the extra difficulty, maybe not so nobody feels to be forced to use the maximum difficulty.

Even with +200% I don’t know if it will be enough as one can use an unlimited loop team (cough cough Fizzbang)… But that’s the sad reality that if devs choose the defense teams (for PVP or GW), the game will become too easy…

And not repetable as it seems devs want these ressources limited (like seals).

1 Like

I don’t think 200% solves anything. The teams will still get steamrolled. Devour totally counters stat buffs.

I agree with you that they won’t do a sweeping change, and I don’t think they need to. That’s why I think they should just focus on the last boss and make those fights less susceptible to cheese.

That sounds pretty much like an impossible task, there’s just too many ways to cheese fights. To make those fights challenging, everybody would have to be brought to a level playing field. Maybe by doing it a bit like Arena, give everybody access to the same pool of, say, 12 loaner troops, all at the same level, all fully traited, no stat bonuses from any source except for team composition. Beat the bosses using any combination of those troops, feel free to experiment. Different set of 12 loaner troops every week. If picking 12 troops feels like too much recurring work for event planning, just make it all the troops belonging to the weekly event kingdom, even it that cuts down on variety.

Again, that’s a huge change and unlikely to happen. I think there are simple ways to make the last boss fight better:

• Give them Fast/Empowered
  • Give the player Cursed
  • Give them immune to Devour
  • Give them immune to Mana Drain
  • Lower their spell costs
  • Give the player Frozen
  • Rework the teams so the boss isn’t always last and color blocked
  • Start with Storms active that benefit the boss (and often the second to act)

All of these are fairly minor changes but you can see how mixing and matching would force the player into adopting specific strategies to win. I think that’s enough to make them feel good.

Maybe they make restriction for each boss

Beat this team in less the 10 turns
Beat this team with 3 paesant in your team
Beat this team with red mana troop only

Etc…

They could put 3 restriction for each boss
Each restriction completed rewards 5 diamond
If you only complete 2 restrictions, you can try again and complete the last one