Magical Kitties Save The Day

Just push the update to Jan. We know it will be bugged so just leave it till after the holidays.

@Kafka whenever you think devs can’t go lower in incompetence they will surprise you.
10 weeks of Mydnight Countdown and…missed!

Weeks of delay for an update that will come out bugged anyway as usual

2 Likes

Yep, that would be great. You’re describing a detailed roadmap for the next 6 months. I think most people would want that. Obviously some details would change as the updates were finalized, so we’d have to take it with a grain of salt.

I really don’t see the downside to having more information earlier.

That’s what I would think, too. But then in this thread I see a bunch of super toxic comments ripping them for pushing things back a week. I have my gripes, too, but they literally can’t win. They drop something on time, they get shredded for bugs. They postpone to fix things, they get attacked for missing their schedule. I would hate to be in their shoes, honestly.

4 Likes

I feel like there is a certain difference between showing (or, heaven forbid, even discussing) plans for the future and announcing, that those are about to happen in a certain and definite way. I sure agree with you, that the former would be nice to see, and if it happens more than a few days in advance, even better.

However, the Damocles Sword of the impending patch, that may or may not drop anytime soon, seems to have only brought around uncertainty. The effect is stunning, and not in the positive way, this word can be used.

In essence, we just want to be informed and kept up to date, with current, relevant info. The amount of time in advance, as I took it, was as an aside. With how the game is currently communicated to us, we cant help but to want better transparency. As, disappointed as I am in the delay, I welcome the time for a less bugged product… Was going to say more polished, but uhh… If you know, you know​:clown_face::joy:

When they gave their preview thread to the update, I was the first to beg, that they push it into January to avoid the predictable chaos. They did not. Then they did. Maybe.

If we go by official announcements, the update is still happening in time. The only hint, that this may not be the case, is the remark of a forum moderator in this thread here, that does not even have anything to do with the update itself.

Players are waiting. Holding back. Worried, that their weekly progress may get wiped once again, when the update happens.

Will we left hanging in this state for hours, days or weeks? The only people to tell, are unwilling to say a word. And if they do, it will be on the message board of an abandoned myspace profile or so.

I don’t mind the delay. I welcome it. I want a date until when it presumably lasts.
If they can not nail it down like that, they should take the more pessimistic estimate and stick to it, even if they could release a few days sooner than that. And if they notice, that they will not make it until then either, they have more time to warn us in advance.

Yeah, but that’s only because we’re waiting and have no idea when this may drop.

Had they posted this and said “update is supposed to drop at x date” and would have updated us if it didn’t happen, people would not have been snarky about it (at least most wouldn’t have been).

Week long vault. They need boat loads of goodwill.

1 Like

So the Kingdom about time sorta Timed it wrong?!?!?!?

1 Like

Basically, the problem is we forgot to include the update release date when the patch notes were dropped early. We’re sorry about that and will be more careful in the future.

We’ve been asked a lot to release the patch notes earlier than the morning of, so we’ve been attempting to do that. This time we were able to drop the patch notes a week early, which we felt was a good length of time prior to the update, for everyone to see them and discuss.

14 Likes